Tivo Overload! What the oldest unwatched stuff still on your DVR?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Egads I am in trouble now... With the new TiVo romeo I can record so much (put in 3TB) I do not know if I will ever be able to catch up... I put a timer in for all the new shows plus all the old shows, and still have some from last year that I have not gotten around to watching (transferred from prior TiVo). I went out of town for a week and it looks like a never ending list of shows I need to watch to catch up.

So, I guess the question is what is the oldest unwatched stuff you still have on your DVR?

I have the complete last season of Hawaii 50 and Nikita to still watch. So, for 2 shows I am now a year behind. Over the summer I managed to catch up with all the other shows (just finished Burn Notice this weekend). I am sure there are some here with more than a year lag on the DVR...

A year is about the most on US shows. I haven't watched last years Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0 or Nikita yet. I deleted Nikita for the space. I haven't watched the final season of Burn Notice yet either. I have a couple of UK, Canadian and Aussie shows that I'm now 2 seasons behind, but they are short 6 episode seasons. Murdoch Mysteries starts tonight on CBC and I haven't watched last season yet.

I have two years worth of unwatched Homeland that I just don't have time to view. I'm going to delete 'em since they are on Xfinity On Demand, plus I just don't have the time nor desire to watch 'em. I have. As far as watched stuff, I still have an episode of Jericho, Invasion and FlashForward (3-5 years old) on the Tivo to remind myself just how cruel the world can be. :rolleyes: I'm getting sick of those too...

My recording habits havent changed with adding the 2TB to the roamio, because Ive had a Hopper and HR34 before it. What I find is instead of being picky, I record my wife's stuff, our stuff, then I record a lot of junk she doesnt care about that I can watch before hitting the rack (My BBCA stuff, syfy stuff, etc...). With the older less than 100 hour dvr's, as well as 2 tuner only, I was more picky. I like being able to record what I want and watch when I want. We always zero out in August and January, so Im watching stuff on the Tivo from Friday night right now (5-0), and the HR44 only has stuff from Saturday. Give us a month and we will be swamped.

I do like the simplicity of using the Roamio for OTA instead of having to have an adapter for the satellite DVR. Plus the Roamio is just a nice machine so far. I also like the fact if I miss a show for whatever reason, or a heavy rain storm knocks it out, I get on Amazon and get it (for $2.99) and the file is sitting on the Tivo an hour later waiting on me to watch :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)