Ultraviolet do you?

I have registered all my Blu-Rays that have a UV code. But, I have yet to actually watch a movie with it. I tend to use the iTunes one instead of UV.

I use it all the time. I buy other peoples codes for a couple bucks then download copies of the movies from UV sites etc. Great for buying TV seasons for $5-$10 too. Much cheaper then retail.

Also easier to pack kids for trips and not bring all the physical discs.

Entered a few codes from the BD's I own but not being able to have more than ONE movie downloaded onto my HD at a time is a major limitation. Much easier to rip a bit-for-bit copy with MakeMKV and have my library available through my Oppo BDP.

Entered a few codes from the BD's I own but not being able to have more than ONE movie downloaded onto my HD at a time is a major limitation. Much easier to rip a bit-for-bit copy with MakeMKV and have my library available through my Oppo BDP.

Hmm, I have not problem with having multiple movies downloaded... I use VUDU to get all my UV copies I download and I only stream from VUDU. I've downloaded a couple times from Flixster when Vudu didn't have the title available.

I don't have time to rip my movies to watch them on my Tablet when traveling, so UV is the way to go. I use Flixster(Popcorn) or Vudu to upload them then watch them.

First off, I have my OPPO BD player isolated from the internet to prevent OPPO tampering with my firmware. Why? That is another story. So, I have not paid much attention to movies or features the require internet connection. I am interested in this thread to see what I am missing.

In addition, I rarely, if ever these days purchase a DVD, BD, or even 3DBD. Most movies I can rent and I only watch once. With my Blockbuster movie pass I can save a ton of money with renting unlimited store copies, and for 3D I rent from 3D-Blurayrentals.com. For older movies and those few I can't get from BB or 3D rentals, I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Vudu+. It is very very rare I have the time to watch anything more than once anyway.

After seeing an annoying UV trailer before Olympus Has Fallen... does anyone actually us this, and why?

Don, I just rented Olympus Has Fallen and I skipped through the previews with them top menu button so I missed it. I will check it out later today to see what they offer with UV. Thanks. PS- we enjoyed OHF, was a good, edge of the seat movie

Don, I just rented Olympus Has Fallen and I skipped through the previews with them top menu button so I missed it. I will check it out later today to see what they offer with UV. Thanks. PS- we enjoyed OHF, was a good, edge of the seat movie

OHF was a complete rip-off of Vince Flynn's book Transfer of Power. It is amazing how much of the story they lifted from the book.

Hmm, I have not problem with having multiple movies downloaded... I use VUDU to get all my UV copies I download and I only stream from VUDU. I've downloaded a couple times from Flixster when Vudu didn't have the title available.

UV locks the movies to one location on your HD which cannot be changed. I wouldn't have a problem if a directory could be chosen and locked but the directory is forced to the Windows partition. I keep my Windows install on a small partition on one HD and the program data, pictures, video, etc. on multiple drives separate from the Windows install to minimize data loss and make backing up easier, less time-consuming. It isn't a problem for Joe Blow users that have all their stuff on one big >2TB HD but a major problem for those who partition or use SSD's for speedier access.

I have NO limitations when I rip my movies, bit-for-bit, to Network Attached Storage ( NAS ) devices and it takes much less time than downloading or streaming an inferior UV copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)