This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tivo Overload! What the oldest unwatched stuff still on your DVR?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Egads I am in trouble now... With the new TiVo romeo I can record so much (put in 3TB) I do not know if I will ever be able to catch up... I put a timer in for all the new shows plus all the old shows, and still have some from last year that I have not gotten around to watching (transferred from prior TiVo). I went out of town for a week and it looks like a never ending list of shows I need to watch to catch up.

So, I guess the question is what is the oldest unwatched stuff you still have on your DVR?

I have the complete last season of Hawaii 50 and Nikita to still watch. So, for 2 shows I am now a year behind. Over the summer I managed to catch up with all the other shows (just finished Burn Notice this weekend). I am sure there are some here with more than a year lag on the DVR...

A year is about the most on US shows. I haven't watched last years Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0 or Nikita yet. I deleted Nikita for the space. I haven't watched the final season of Burn Notice yet either. I have a couple of UK, Canadian and Aussie shows that I'm now 2 seasons behind, but they are short 6 episode seasons. Murdoch Mysteries starts tonight on CBC and I haven't watched last season yet.

I have two years worth of unwatched Homeland that I just don't have time to view. I'm going to delete 'em since they are on Xfinity On Demand, plus I just don't have the time nor desire to watch 'em. I have. As far as watched stuff, I still have an episode of Jericho, Invasion and FlashForward (3-5 years old) on the Tivo to remind myself just how cruel the world can be. I'm getting sick of those too...

My recording habits havent changed with adding the 2TB to the roamio, because Ive had a Hopper and HR34 before it. What I find is instead of being picky, I record my wife's stuff, our stuff, then I record a lot of junk she doesnt care about that I can watch before hitting the rack (My BBCA stuff, syfy stuff, etc...). With the older less than 100 hour dvr's, as well as 2 tuner only, I was more picky. I like being able to record what I want and watch when I want. We always zero out in August and January, so Im watching stuff on the Tivo from Friday night right now (5-0), and the HR44 only has stuff from Saturday. Give us a month and we will be swamped.

I do like the simplicity of using the Roamio for OTA instead of having to have an adapter for the satellite DVR. Plus the Roamio is just a nice machine so far. I also like the fact if I miss a show for whatever reason, or a heavy rain storm knocks it out, I get on Amazon and get it (for $2.99) and the file is sitting on the Tivo an hour later waiting on me to watch .