Tivo Series 2 DVD Recorder Showing HD Channels in Guide Now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azboy722

Original poster
May 4, 2005
Hi Everyone I just thought that I would let you guys know that the new hd channels are in my program guide on my tivo dvr
This is a Humax tivo branded dvr/dvd recorder not the one from directv and I also have it getting its downloads via wireless usb not via dialup on the phone lines
It let me know a few minutes ago that I had a lineup change and poof the new HD channels are in the guide....this has to be a good thing right???

Yes! I need to know what the Big Ten Network HD channel is and VS HD channel) (by 11am central please, that is when the games start :) JK).

Thanks for the info!

Attachments

• IMG00039.jpg
    IMG00039.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Nothing is being broadcast in HD on those channels, the interesting point is that Tivo sent this message out to their DVR's Friday night...hopefully in anticipation of a national launch very soon, or news from D* that it is going active in the next few days.

screenshots of channels

here are screen shots of my program guide of some of the new hd channels

Attachments

• 09-16-07_0225.jpg
    09-16-07_0225.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 09-16-07_0226.jpg
    09-16-07_0226.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 251
  • 09-16-07_0227.jpg
    09-16-07_0227.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 279
i'm still trying to figure out why tivo would send messages to its series 2 dvr;s because the hd units are series 3.

now, i still haven't received any messages on my directv tivo that's hooked up. even if i did and changed to an hd channel, i would get a message about needing an hd subscription!

I have a series 2 tivo dvd recorder the one that lets you burn to dvd what you record by humax I also have it connected to the internet via wireless usb so I can also download movies from amazon etc. everything that tivo offers I can do with this machine.
And yes I can display or record the hd channels it just down converts them to 480p since I have it connected to an HD mpeg4 directv receiver and as to the hd channels that are in my tivo guide they are not being broadcast yet so when I tune to them it just goes to the channel that is currently there or if there is no channel it stays on the current channel
Let me emphasize this tivo is not affiliated with directv it is a stand alone tivo unit that gets all of its program guide info from tivo so directv must have provided tivo with these new channels and they must be ready to fire them up at any time since tivo has elected to add them now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)