TIVO Units

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SteveinTN

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
Is there any difference in the TIVO Units? (RCA, Hughes, Samsung) Are they all the same or is one better or perhaps one worse than the others?

Hello!! Welcome to Satelliteguys!! We're glad you're here.

The DTivo's are identical except for the casing that each manufacturer uses. You will have the same remote no matter which one you buy. We refer to it as the peanut remote. :)

I have both a Samsung and Hughes DTivos. No matter which one you get you will love it!!

Stick around and if you get a spare moment enjoy our arcade! :)

SteveinTN said:
Is there any difference in the TIVO Units? (RCA, Hughes, Samsung) Are they all the same or is one better or perhaps one worse than the others?
With my experience RCA is crap!!! My RCA Tivo unit has been acting up on me, the hard drive is going bad. All my friends that have purchased an RCA unit have had problems with thier hard drives also. They only have a 90 warranty for parts and labor then up to 1 yr parts warranty but you HAVE to send it to them and pay $75 for labor. So now Im just going to buy a BRAND new unit (NOT RCA) for $99. RCA customer service gave me incorrect information about my warranty when I called asking about how the warranty works and whats covered. Now they are not standing by this. Just an FYI to new readers!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts