Tivo

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Ok Ive hooked up my tivo to my cable box for the heck of it because it says I cant, I followed it to a tee, and I cannot get a picture except a blank one.

Any ideas?

Free Standing, with my Cable co.
Ok Ive hooked it up the way the book says and all I get is the TV guide and a gray screen behind it, I am using the IR cable as well, and it seems to work.

Like i said i was just curious because it is actually used in the bedroom, but my wife works midnights, and its tough for me to catch up on shows in there. I figured i would read the book and see if I could use it out here with my cable box.

Now my cable box is an HD DVR, but it is hooked up to it, i dont know if that makes a difference. Hope I can get it to work..

Thanks

Just make sure that the cable box is sending sigal out the Svideo / composite and whatever HD connection you are using at the same time.

Yea, I think my problem may be that the only outs I have on my WOW HD box are the HD connectors, all the other ones say audio and video in..I dont know, but i can see recorded stuff, just cant see live TV, im about ready to give up and put it back in the damn room..lol.

What HD box are you using? If you have the SA8000HD, the SD and HD outputs are not active at the same time. If you have the SA8300HD box, then both SD an d HD are active, and what you describe should work. I'm not familiar with the Moto boxes, tho.

-John

jgantert said:
What HD box are you using? If you have the SA8000HD, the SD and HD outputs are not active at the same time. If you have the SA8300HD box, then both SD an d HD are active, and what you describe should work. I'm not familiar with the Moto boxes, tho.

-John

Yes its the 8000, so this means its not possible period ay?

Thanks for that, Ive worked all weekend for nothing..LOL.:D

Yeah, ask for an upgrade to an 8300HD box. :) I did and they gave me the new box. They will ask why, and just tell them you need SD & HD active at the same time.

I had that 8000HD box, and had the same issues (plus I had a problem playing back Dolby Digital content as well). I dont think that box even has RF output. The only way to get the 8000HD box to do SD and HD is to use the "copy to VCR" function from the DVR menu. But that won't help out your TIVO.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)