TiVo's battle with Dish to end in spring: TiVo CEO

The suit will end on december 21st 2010:)

When the earth is destroyed by a asteroid ala the dinosaurs.

Personally I hope TIVO wins.......

Since my TIVO works so well:)

Bob Haller said:
The suit will end on december 21st 2010:)

When the earth is destroyed by a asteroid ala the dinosaurs.

Personally I hope TIVO wins.......

Since my TIVO works so well:)

According to the Mayan calendar the great nation in the America hampshire
will come to an end. I guess direct tv will go by by.

im wondering whos going to win i know it dont affect the newer model dvrs but i still hope dish wins or wish dish would just buy them out.i think dish is waiting as long as possible and for there stock and company going further under and then buy them out.

Despite the earlier request, which I sympathize with, I feel I must post: It would be very expensive to buy out TiVo, with the current poison pill/golden parachutes arrangement they have. Yes, this can be worked around, in time and maybe in court, but it is a major roadblock right now. Without it, there'd probably not be an independent TiVo today.

Aha ha. So that's why the Tivo Premier shipped in the state it is in. Some people here want to complain about the 922, but at least DISH didn't screw that launch up as much as Tivo did theirs! :D

Having both a TiVo Premier and a 922 I can say that the TiVo has never missed a recording, the 922 loses a lot of recordings. The TiVo interface needs more polishing (only about 2/3 of the menus are redesigned HD now, the rest like the old ones). The new interface was in poor shape, you had at least the option of turning on the classic menus and they worked fine. But, the most important function of a DVR is to reliably record shows. The 922 fails to this day on that task.

Boy, does it ever lose recordings. My 922 only recorded ONE of the Ncis Los Angeles ,even though it showed in the guide for both to record. I am glad I backed up my Cbs recordings to my DISH Pal plus dvr for ota. It caught what the 922 missed .

my 922 has never missed a recording since i have had it an i received it when it first came out

Well the 922 replaces the 622. The 922 is more reelable then the 622 for whatever that is saying about the 923 since the 622 was a piece of <censored>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts