TMP channel chart

I also see some potential overloading on a couple of the 110 transponders, due to some "DRM" channels showing on The List as unavailable. I don't know what these are supposed to be. If you ignore the DRM channels, they seem to be loaded properly.

This is all assuming that these channel #s mean anything.

So- 23 channels coming soon? Maybe? Eh...whatever. Here are the numbers, go nuts.

EDIT- Sorry, they really didn't format well. It looks perfectly readable in the edit window.

Ignore the DRM channels. They map to other video streams that are already there.

Last week, they swapped a couple TMP channels from 61.5 to 77 and vice versa. We still only have 23 that are properly mirrored on both arcs.

Seems odd that they would bother to do that, considering there isn't even anything streaming on those channels. I'm pretty sure each TMP corresponds with a real channel (whether or not that channel ever actually gets added. The fact that they swapped a couple around could mean that someone screwed up and assigned them to the wrong sats, or maybe the list of channels right around the corner changed.

In any case, I'm betting that there really are 23 channels coming soon. Not "soon", but actually in-the-next-few-weeks-soon.

Hmmmm...Take the 14 channels already "announced"
subtract BET (because it's not on the air yet)-13
add 3 Comcast channels-16
add ESPN-U - 17
add (ugh) Fox News & Business- 19
add (fingers and toes crossed) 4 Rainbow channels- 23

I have my doubts about those last 4. But this is what I'm hoping for, because it will make almost everyone happier.

add ESPN-U - 17

I have my doubts about those last 4. But this is what I'm hoping for, because it will make almost everyone happier.

Perfect scenario. That would take care of almost all the channels I want, with the exception of channels that don't exist yet and channels not available in the US (and MoreMax). Please, Charlie!!!

add ESPN-U - 17

It's hard to say for certain BET HD isn't there yet... perhaps it is available, but no one carries it. AT&T will be adding it "later this year" (source), perhaps dish will be the launch service for the channel. However as far as the last six (or 5 if BET HD exists) They could actually be Showtimes, or the wonderful package of: RFD, Outdoor 2, HSN, QVC, & Wealth. Still, if dish adds what you suggest, I'd be happy.

It's hard to say for certain BET HD isn't there yet... perhaps it is available, but no one carries it. AT&T will be adding it "later this year" (source), perhaps dish will be the launch service for the channel. However as far as the last six (or 5 if BET HD exists) They could actually be Showtimes, or the wonderful package of: RFD, Outdoor 2, HSN, QVC, & Wealth. Still, if dish adds what you suggest, I'd be happy.

I thought he missed the Showtimes, too, but they (at least some of them) are included in the announced 14.

I can count just fine most of the time. Not my fault Charlie can't. :)

We pretty much know BET isn't available, that doesn't mean it couldn't appear tomorrow. But they probably would have already launched on DirecTV if it was. In fact, DirecTV had a BET-HD logo on their site for a while, months ago. It was in a Flash movie on the front page.

My theory... DISH has to pick up most, if not all, of these groups of channels to really make Turbo HD packages a viable, mainstream product. In the early days of DISH, they had trouble because they didn't carry ALL of the channels that people consider to be necessary in a "basic" package. They were cheaper, but for some people, that wasn't enough to compete with DirecTV or even most cable systems.

TurboHD is in a similar place now. They are the only one with an all-HD package, but for some of us, it's too incomplete to consider. Having all the "basic" channels will help them start attracting new customers again.

AMC, IFC, WE, and Sundance (although rather than Sundance, some say Fuse...which Madison Square Garden, LP under Cablevision owns, but Rainbow does not).

Fuse HD exists. Sundance HD does not.

But that's interesting to know. In any case, Fuse is related to the other 3 (Rainbow is still part of Cablevision), but perhaps it wouldn't be a package deal for all 4.

BTW, what is going on with Sundance anyway? For a while before it sold, it seemed like they were positioning it as a Universal channel (sharing programming with Universal HD)...thought maybe Universal was going to take it over and turn it into a basic channel. Then they sold it outright, but Showtime still seemed to be running it.

Now, it's been wiped off Showtime's site. I assume that eventually, it will move into a basic package- weird that it's still sold with Showtime.

Fuse HD exists. Sundance HD does not.

But that's interesting to know. In any case, Fuse is related to the other 3 (Rainbow is still part of Cablevision), but perhaps it wouldn't be a package deal for all 4.

BTW, what is going on with Sundance anyway? For a while before it sold, it seemed like they were positioning it as a Universal channel (sharing programming with Universal HD)...thought maybe Universal was going to take it over and turn it into a basic channel. Then they sold it outright, but Showtime still seemed to be running it.

Now, it's been wiped off Showtime's site. I assume that eventually, it will move into a basic package- weird that it's still sold with Showtime.

Rainbow now has control over Sundance. It is no longer included with the Showtime channels. Most areas are transitioning this channel from the premium packages to the basic packages.

Sundance and Fuse are both part of Rainbow Media: RAINBOW MEDIA | AFFILIATE WEBSITE

Sundance has no HD verion (though it seems like a good candidate). And while Fues has HD on demand content, I'm not positive they offer a 24/7 linear HD channel.

Here is my prediction from earlier:
My thinking (or hope): Viacom (for 7 with BET), Fox (for 4), Comcast (for 3), and Showtime/TMC (for 6). Add FashionTV and Crime and Investigation, plus MoreMax or ESPNU and we get to 23.

Very similar to what was posted earlier, only minus the Rainbow channels.

The OFFICIAL 4 channels Rainbow could provide in contractual negotiations are AMC HD, IFC HD, WE HD and Fuse HD. Sundance Channel HD has NOT launched yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't until the remaining Showtime networks do. As mentioned by somebody else, MSG Network isn't negotiated for by Rainbow.

Rainbow now has control over Sundance. It is no longer included with the Showtime channels.

Isn't that what I said? I guess I said it in a kind of roundabout way.

Most areas are transitioning this channel from the premium packages to the basic packages.

DISH, Direct, and Verizon still bundle it with Showtime...I don't know about other cable companies. I was really just wondering how that works out...does Showtime get a little less money per subscriber, does DISH have to shell out an extra quarter to Rainbow completely out of pocket, etc. I'm just figured it would have transitioned to a basic channel at the same time Showtime relinquished control.

Now in Verizon's case, they also bundle Starz/Encore & IFC with Showtime anyway, so it's not that odd...it's just called the "Movie Package".

Sundance and Fuse are both part of Rainbow Media: RAINBOW MEDIA | AFFILIATE WEBSITE

If you go to their individual websites, you'll see Fitz was right. They are all owned by Cablevision, but by different divisions. There was talk of spinning off Rainbow, so my guess is that they wanted to keep Fuse due to it's connection to MSG. (Fuse has aired "almost live" shows from Madison Square Garden before.)

And while Fues has HD on demand content, I'm not positive they offer a 24/7 linear HD channel.

Yes they do, and according to the AVS chart, they do cut separate deals. They are all four on Comcast, Charter, and of course Cablevision.

AMC, WE, and IFC are also carried by Cox. Fuse is not on Cox, but it is on Time Warner, and the other three are not.

Sundance Channel HD has NOT launched yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't until the remaining Showtime networks do.

As pointed out several times above, Sundance is no longer a Showtime network. It is the only Rainbow/Cablevision channel NOT available in HD (except maybe some of the local news channels.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)