TNT-HD...Not What We Expected Huh?

Actually I thought Desperado tonight looked better than CBS's 007 movie.I would say it the best stretch I have ever seen. ALmost like it was HD but a botched voom and crop job.

But yes where is the real HD? ANd I hope AMC is going to be better.

Desperado did look good.

Except for the massive edits to reduce the violence. :p

The rest is probably going to be hit & miss till they get up to speed. I've seen a couple of good Law & Order episodes on TNT-HD, but most looked mediocre.

vurbano said:
Actually I thought Desperado tonight looked better than CBS's 007 movie.I would say it the best stretch I have ever seen. ALmost like it was HD but a botched voom and crop job.

But yes where is the real HD? ANd I hope AMC is going to be better.

Hey Vurbano, Wanted to apoligize for snapping at you in a reply last week.
You give lots of good information and i was just pissed off at my wega and you were just trying to help.
Please except the olive branch pal. :)

Have a good one!

Overall I think that everything looks ok. The nba games have looked great, but you can tell everything else is stretched. For what it is worth I think TNT's stretch job is ten times better than ESPN's stretch. I didnt go into TNT expecting everything to be in true HD. But it does look alot better than the regular anolog TNT.

iceshark said:
Hey Vurbano, Wanted to apoligize for snapping at you in a reply last week.
You give lots of good information and i was just pissed off at my wega and you were just trying to help.
Please except the olive branch pal. :)

Have a good one!
No problem... I have a way at pissing people off - LMAO

I guess all I expected as far as HD is concerned until this summer was the NBA playoffs. That is what most initial reports stated would be their only HD content until they start rolling out their original series shows in HD this summer. I keep seeing commercials for some new series called "The Grid" that they say will be in HD.

Although, I guess I don't understand why some of the reruns they do show (Law & Order, Judging Amy, ER, NYPD Blue) are not showing in HD since these shows are in HD on their current networks. Does it cost more to get the HD reruns then the SD ones? Or are these older episodes that were never shot in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)