Tnt Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Yea I just got propositioned from Time Warner cable, all the HD content of DirecTV plus INHD1, INHD2, TNTHD and all the local channels in HD, a total of 18. Plus it is MUCH cheaper than DirecTV.

This is like the 3rd or 4th thread you have posted the exact same msg. Please post some substance instead of just trying to run ads for cable TV.

Plus it is MUCH cheaper than DirecTV.

Please send me your channel line up and total cost WITHOUT the bundling subsidy you receive.

Alvarez said:
Didn't D* add TNTHD and then it switched shortly after to Universal HD? I remember seeing some tennis matches in HD on TNTHD.

I thought that was Bravo and it switched after NBC and Universal merged. USA Network was part of that deal and they had the Tennis in HD.

robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Yea I just got propositioned from Time Warner cable, all the HD content of DirecTV plus INHD1, INHD2, TNTHD and all the local channels in HD, a total of 18.

You go boy!!!

robrient@kc.rr.com said:
Plus it is MUCH cheaper than DirecTV

If you are referring to programming, I may be a bit naive here, but don't most sub fees even out to the same cost eventually? You may be paying less for X, but you are paying more for Y & Z. Your haggling skills can come in handy, but I truly think there is a minor difference. I know the hardware has always been an issue with D$, but thats something that I am willing to deal with. But thats just me.

Supposed to be BIG announcement in August. I am waiting patiently. Had Comcast and the PQ on SD was so bad I could not watch it. They admitted that the Moto box could not convert the SD to output it on DVI. They suggested tuning the SD directly with TV tuner (what-- I thought it was Digital Cable!!?? yeah, right) The HD signals were HD UltaLite. Terrible blocking on all channels. That is why I have never understood the complaints of D*'s HD Lite, it looks so much better than the HD on Comcast that I have no complaints. I love my Directv and can't wait to see what is coming in the near future!!! Sit back and wait, and enjoy what yuou have now, more is coming.......

Everything about D* is a rumor until it happens or they issue a formal press release on their corporate letterhead with a date certain, and even then it may be a Keystone Cops delay. I am a charter subscriber to D*, though I still watch more local OTA HD than the compressed crap on D*, and D* has never once done anything to my recollection when the rumor mill originally said it would happen, or even when D* said it would happen. Waiting for D* is a fool's errand. It'll happen, if ever, when it happens. This board is sometimes like my kids when they were little-"Are we THERE yet?" No, we're not, folks, and what, pray tell, makes you think we will be when the rumor mill predicts?

I will believe whatever D* is doing about HD and MPEG 4 when it happens, all else is the hysterical bleating of hopeful people who do not know any more than we do.

And, Pete is right. However mad we may get at D*, it is still a way better choice than Comcast or DISH in our North Texas market area. Unless we go like Barney did, and dump everything but OTA, D* is still the better of our bad choices. Let's hope they make us long suffering consumers happy we kept them some day.

We are charter D* subscribers with a max Premier package in a top twelve market area, and we are a Nielsen family and a TiVo Neilsen family. I figure we'll be some of the first to hear? We ain't heard nuthin', nada, zippo.

I am also waiting patiently for the BIG announcement but now I am doubting we will hear anything in August, http://www.orbireport.com/Logs/Log05/Log2005-08.html Spaceway2 NET (not earlier than) Late August.

In any event the Spaceway project should end up being great but it still does not excuse the fact that a channel with some very good HD programming (TNT) is not being aired yet on D*, IMO.

Time Warner CHEAPER?? Are you kidding?

I switched a little over a year ago to Time Warner cause I was too far from Houston (and too many trees) from the OTA towers. So I went to TWC to get the locals. This was before DVR's. Once I added the DVR the FEES and TAXES were killing me. They charge you 7 bux for the box... then ANOTHER 7 bux for the DVR service PER RECIEVER. I had 2 HD DVR's so that was 28 bux just for the rent in recievers and recording.. then you add HBO and Showtime and the HD tiers... I was paying well over 100 bux for poor picture quality on SD channels below channel 100 (Digital cable.. right). There were 2 things that sent me back to D*... 1. trying to rent on demand movies, movie glitching and stopping and it ended with an error message. on both TV's and on more than one occasion. 2. when baseball started and I had several games that the Astros were going to be on FSHHD were NO where to be found on TWC. So I am betting on D* getting the locals up by the end of the year and they add TNTHD, INHD1 and INHD2 and I will be back to where I was in programing. We shall see how the MPEG4 conversion goes... but I got frustrated enough that I took the gamble...

Not

charper1 said:
This is like the 3rd or 4th thread you have posted the exact same msg. Please post some substance instead of just trying to run ads for cable TV.

Please send me your channel line up and total cost WITHOUT the bundling subsidy you receive.

I am not advertising for Cable, I dumped cable for DirecTV because they had NFL Sunday Ticket. The point of my post is that DirecTV is starting to lose ground to cable. Cable has increased their HDTV content and bundled their High speed Cable INTERNET (Road Runner) and cable TV service together into a great price. I could get Road Runner and cable TV with the HDTV pack together for about $75, currently I am paying about $120 for both. I probably won't switch because I am an NFL junkie and I love the NFL Sunday Ticket. but the non NFL fanatics out there might be compelled to switch. I think cable TV knows about DirecTVs problems and are moving in for the kill.

As for YESHD, where are you getting that? My channel 622 isn't in HD, and I'm located just outside of NYC. Just got the HD package/dish this past weekend, so still finding things. Also, are there more HD programs on other than what the program guide has labeled with HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts