Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I could not find the previous TNT bashing the NFL ST threads.

OK Ladies,
All those of you that cried loudly , I sure hope you all are watching your TNT - HD today.
The TNT rating should spike to an all time high today seeing D* is NOT dropping them for ST use.

Let's hear what you all watched on TNT today that was ONLY available on Sunday between 1 and 5:30

Enjoy !

Jimbo

I could not find the previous TNT bashing the NFL ST threads.

OK Ladies,
All those of you that cried loudly , I sure hope you all are watching your TNT - HD today.
The TNT rating should spike to an all time high today seeing D* is NOT dropping them for ST use.

Let's hear what you all watched on TNT today that was ONLY available on Sunday between 1 and 5:30

Enjoy !

Jimbo

They just took off some sd channels instead....we have yet to see any real benefit to the new sat being operational.

They just took off some sd channels instead....we have yet to see any real benefit to the new sat being operational.

It's not operational yet, it's still in in-orbit testing. If it was operational we'd be watching channels from it.

actually, 15 of 17 transponders are on but no channels yet. even so, they are mpeg4 and shouldn't affect sunday ticket, which is still broadcast in mpeg2.

when they switch everything over to mpeg4 (ST, current HD channels), shouldn't they have a capacity of more then 150 mpeg4 HD channels?

thanks

If not operational, I have no doubt the sat is "functional". If it's not operational yet, it's directvs choice.

It seems the mlb superfan mix channel is blacked out for the 2nd straight week......it would be nice to check on the scores in the final weeks of the pennant race. Great timing.

TVBob - I did check the scores of the games I was interested in - I went on the internet - the same internet you are on to post these ridicuous negative comments - about something as trivial as checking baseball scores.

If not operational, I have no doubt the sat is "functional". If it's not operational yet, it's directvs choice.

It seems the mlb superfan mix channel is blacked out for the 2nd straight week......it would be nice to check on the scores in the final weeks of the pennant race. Great timing.

Yes it is functional, not operational. I am amazed you figured that out. Now, try to explain how you know that it is Directv's choice. Good luck on this one, TVBob, er, Questioner.

TVBob - I did check the scores of the games I was interested in - I went on the internet - the same internet you are on to post these ridicuous negative comments - about something as trivial as checking baseball scores.

LOL, I guess the sport doesn't seem so trivial when your team is in first place comfortably.

Yes it is functional, not operational. I am amazed you figured that out. Now, try to explain how you know that it is Directv's choice. Good luck on this one, TVBob, er, Questioner.

The sat is in its correct position, nearly all of the transponders that will be used are on, signal strengths are good for anyone with the proper alignment, many of the hd networks are already running and just waiting for directv to flip the switch.

The sat is in its correct position, nearly all of the transponders that will be used are on, signal strengths are good for anyone with the proper alignment, many of the hd networks are already running and just waiting for directv to flip the switch.

IOW, you, as usual, do not have a clue what you are talking about and are just guessing.

IOW, you, as usual, do not have a clue what you are talking about and are just guessing.

LOL, sure, the recent sat orbital data has been released, reports of transponder and signal strengths are all over the net, and I know many of the hd networks are ready because I have been watching them for months on a true hd leading provider.

And none of that means that the satellite is 'operational', as in your OP which said we weren't seeing any benefits yet. D* as said they're doing in orbit testing, I sure they want to verify what Boeing has sold them and not take Boeing's word for what is and isn't working. So to use your wording, yes it's functioning but it's not 'operational'.

As for MLB-EI loosing it's score channel, yep that does stink and if I was a subsciber I'd be yelling at D* and asking for some type of rebate.

Last edited:
LOL, sure, the recent sat orbital data has been released, reports of transponder and signal strengths are all over the net, and I know many of the hd networks are ready because I have been watching them for months on a true hd leading provider.

You are truly clueless. Unless you are a Directv engineer working on this project, you have no idea if the satellite has passed all of the tests it needs to in order to be considered operational. Bring your alter ego of TVBob back, he was a lot more fun than you are.

TVBob - first and last warning. It is obvious you come into these threads for ONE REASON ONLY - to start fights.

Do it again - you will be on VACATION!

So happy with FiOS - go into those forums and talk it up.

Test me!

You are truly clueless. Unless you are a Directv engineer working on this project, you have no idea if the satellite has passed all of the tests it needs to in order to be considered operational. Bring your alter ego of TVBob back, he was a lot more fun than you are.

Enough with the tvbob nonsense. Ive never held a forum account under that name.

All of my sources have confirmed the new sat is ready for broadcasting, all the testing for the national hd rollout is finished. It's just a matter of when they want to actually start showing some new channels.

Enough with the tvbob nonsense. Ive never held a forum account under that name.

All of my sources have confirmed the new sat is ready for broadcasting, all the testing for the national hd rollout is finished. It's just a matter of when they want to actually start showing some new channels.

But - you were TVBob at avsf..... I have written confirmation of that from the Admins of that site.

Next speck of BS will get you out of here.

Bingo, I think you are right. Not sure what the beef is with that unless they just havent uplinked channel feeds yet.. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts