TNTHD flickering?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashadyone23

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Anyone else noticing this flickering problem during the playoffs? I was at a friends house, he said he had been noticing it on his TNTHD only, I told him it was probably all his HD channels and that his satellite probably needed readjusting (happened to me before), but now I see it on my TNTHD. All of my other HD channels are fine. Anyone know what's wrong?

I will say this: an HD techie or junkie I'm not. I wouldn't know resolution from bitrate. But watching the playoffs on TNTHD (via D*) is painful. Everytime someone moves it looks like they were beamed down by Scotty; i.e. there's a breakup (I don't know if that's what you mean by "flickering") or very fine pixelization. And this doesn't even begin to address the video and audio dropouts on FOXHD (88), for example.

It really has gotten to the point where I avoid watching some HD simply because of the problems. I've been going back and forth about switching to E* (and I may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire) but this is ridiculous.

=NLK=

nlk10010 said:
I will say this: an HD techie or junkie I'm not. I wouldn't know resolution from bitrate. But watching the playoffs on TNTHD (via D*) is painful. Everytime someone moves it looks like they were beamed down by Scotty; i.e. there's a breakup (I don't know if that's what you mean by "flickering") or very fine pixelization. And this doesn't even begin to address the video and audio dropouts on FOXHD (88), for example.

It really has gotten to the point where I avoid watching some HD simply because of the problems. I've been going back and forth about switching to E* (and I may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire) but this is ridiculous.

=NLK=

The same problem exists on E*, its not quite as extreme as D*, but its still a problem...Same thing with Charter Cable..Again, not as bad as D*, but still troublesome and annoying..

Basically, TNTHD live events have gone completely in the crapper, been that way all season..Im really suprised theres not more talk about it over here and at AVS, becasue Ive seen it on 3 different HD setups, and its definately a TNTHD problem, IMO...The problem is just simply magnified on D* becasue of thier super low bit rates..

Dont make the mistake of thinking it wont exist with a different provider like I did..

guffy1 said:
The same problem exists on E*, its not quite as extreme as D*, but its still a problem...Same thing with Charter Cable..Again, not as bad as D*, but still troublesome and annoying..

Basically, TNTHD live events have gone completely in the crapper, been that way all season..Im really suprised theres not more talk about it over here and at AVS, becasue Ive seen it on 3 different HD setups, and its definately a TNTHD problem, IMO...The problem is just simply magnified on D* becasue of thier super low bit rates..

Dont make the mistake of thinking it wont exist with a different provider like I did..

Hey, no flickering TNT-HD on Cablevision/LI. :)

I've read here and elsewhere that E* HD is "higher quality" than is D*, except for Voom. I had figured that the problems with HD I had been seeing were due to that supposed difference, and that if I indeed switched from D* to E* I would get better HD on at least some channels. You seem to be implying otherwise.....care to elaborate?

=NLK=

nlk10010 said:
Hey, no flickering TNT-HD on Cablevision/LI. :)

I've read here and elsewhere that E* HD is "higher quality" than is D*, except for Voom. I had figured that the problems with HD I had been seeing were due to that supposed difference, and that if I indeed switched from D* to E* I would get better HD on at least some channels. You seem to be implying otherwise.....care to elaborate?

=NLK=

You would definately be getting better HD from E* on the main HD channels...Im not quite sure how you concluded that I was implying otherwise..

guffy1 said:
You would definately be getting better HD from E* on the main HD channels...Im not quite sure how you concluded that I was implying otherwise..

I guess it was the

"Dont make the mistake of thinking it wont exist with a different provider like I did.."

but you may have been referring to the TNT-HD flickering. Sorry if my inference was incorrect, but I've got it now.

Thanks.

=NLK=

nlk10010 said:
I guess it was the

"Dont make the mistake of thinking it wont exist with a different provider like I did.."

but you may have been referring to the TNT-HD flickering. Sorry if my inference was incorrect, but I've got it now.

Thanks.

=NLK=

Yes, I was only referring to the HD flickering problem on TNTHD...I still see it on DISH, just not nearly as bas as on D*...

I have seen the TNTHD flickering problem on every single HD setup Ive laid my eyes on this season, all across the great state of Michigan, regardless of provider, even on Comcast with a 1080p SXRD...Its definately TNTHD...

I would love to pay a visit to someone in Michigan that claims they dont see the problem...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)