TNTHD Issues This Morning

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is getting kind of old already IMHO. We now have enough knowledge and info to make some kind of reasonable conclusion.

TNT-HD is off today due to ISSUES with D10 - plain and simple. To tie this into LAST YEAR or any other such thing is ridiculous. Keep it on its own merit or lack thereof).

I find it hard to believe that people would make this into a D* screwed me type of issue.

That is NOT apologizing for ANYONE - it is simply looking at what has gone on in the past couple of weeks. I for one don't know whose FAULT it is, and frankly don't care.

TNT-HD is off today due to ISSUES with D10 - plain and simple.
So TNTHD is to be broadcast from D10 now??? And only those with 5 LNB dishes will be able to pick it up from now on? I assume you are speaking of the rumor that they will broadcast the existing mpeg2 channels in mpeg4 from D10?? DO you have a legit source for that? But mpeg2 equipment owners still get fkd in the a@@ and lose the channel for ST.

TNT-HD is off today due to ISSUES with D10 - plain and simple. To tie this into LAST YEAR or any other such thing is ridiculous.
TNT-HD going off air has nothing to do with DIRECTV 10. They did the same thing the previous two Sundays. Week one was prior to any availability of bandwidth from DIRECTV 10.

It is all about scavenging for bandwidth and it will continue until NFL-ST SuperFan HD moves to MPEG 4 next season. They needed the bandwidth and they took it. It was a business decision and is not in any way driven by problems with DIRECTV 10.

I was just about to ask if anyone was getting "Channel not purchased" message on TNTHD now, but as I started to type this I got picture with Directv logo for a minute or so, then movie kicked in, but there isn't any audio with it.

Quick thoughts before I call my installer back out.

Its back up now.....no sound.

real quick because i have to begin cooking dinner for the inlaws.

Is got a slimline installed with 3 HR20s, and a 68 cascaded to a 616

Everything appears to be fine except the following.

101 TS 1 95%
110 TS 8 96%
119 TS 22 99%
99 (b) TS 1 NOT AQUIRED ON BOTH
103 (a) TS 1 NOT AQUIRED ON BOTH
103 (b) TS 1 95%

Is anything bad here.
Of course i like many thought TNTHD was bad this morning ...and forgot about Sunday Ticket?

Quick answer will do for right now.

Also i get no slideshow on 498...just black screen.

In all seriousness, if you are paying for something... anything... and suddenly you can't get what you are paying for, that is crap. I don't care if you are talking about a satellite subscription, or a pizza. I'm not bashing D* as a whole, I'm just bashing this particular issue.

EDIT-- Well, I just got home and TNTHD is back on, there fore I have no further gripe. /end rant

Last edited:
any concerns for by signals as listed a couple posts back... all my b converters are testing just fine from what i gather on all 4 mpg4 receivers.

TVBob:

Forget that this is a TNT-HD discussion for a moment. And that you are here only to stir the SH*T. And that you again are off-topic. We are past ALL OF THAT with you for a while.

Forget that you have nothing positive to say about anything . EVER.

Here is a link for you to use to check the real-tme baseball scores (since it is SO CRITICAL FOR YOU):
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/scoreboards/tod

You're welcome.

I think most directv subs do not want to have to get up and go to their pcs to check scores, thats the whole point of the channel. Also, you can not actually see the game going on when you check a ticker, seeing all the games in realtime is the whole point of extra innings. Not to mention many of the online tickers are far behind the action, while others, like espn news, require you to flip to the channel for several minutes to see the score you want and often miss the game you were watching.

So TNTHD is to be broadcast from D10 now??? And only those with 5 LNB dishes will be able to pick it up from now on? I assume you are speaking of the rumor that they will broadcast the existing mpeg2 channels in mpeg4 from D10?? DO you have a legit source for that? But mpeg2 equipment owners still get fkd in the a@@ and lose the channel for ST.

Yes - TNT-HD will be at channel 245 as well as 75.

The source - among others the October issue of DirecTV access.

I think most directv subs do not want to have to get up and go to their pcs to check scores, thats the whole point of the channel. Also, you can not actually see the game going on when you check a ticker, seeing all the games in realtime is the whole point of extra innings. Not to mention many of the online tickers are far behind the action, while others, like espn news, require you to flip to the channel for several minutes to see the score you want and often miss the game you were watching.
For gosh sakes - you don't even get MLB-EI. You already ARE getting the games on your PC.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/846788-post14.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)