To ask or not ask is the question! Voom related

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
148 to 61.5 question. Voom related

Hello all, The installers are coming over this tuesday for my "free" second dish install so I can get my one local off the 148 sat.

I really want it for Voom off the 61.5 sat. How do I go about letting the installer know I want it pointed at 61.5 and not 148.

Won't Dish think somethings up or will they care when I call them soon after the install requesting that my Voom channels be turned on when I'm suppose to be watching my extra local channel, lol

Just a little paranoid I guess! :eek: Thx as always for suggestions! :)

I have heard a couple stories on doing what you are doing. One involved a small tip to the installer. The other one the guy said "hey, can you just point it to 61.5 instead"

Personally, if they don't mount it in a tough location and you are somewhat of DIY'er, it is pretty easy to do a one sat setup.

As for the Voom stuff. Dish didn't have any record of a 61.5 dish on my account ( I installed it myself) and they activated Voom no problem. Didn't even ask if I had a 61.5 dish setup.

I'm sure someone else here can post first hand experience though.

If he won't point it at 61.5, do it yourself after he leaves, it's very easy to do. If they ask, tell them you already had a dish at 61.5, they don't have to know what you purchase on the sly.

See if they will point to 61.5…offer a tip or something

If they say no, let them aim it at 148 and when they leave, post back here your info (zip or general area) and we can give you the elevation and azimuth to aim at 61.5 for :D

If they say no, let them aim it at 148 and when they leave, post back here your info (zip or general area) and we can give you the elevation and azimuth to aim at 61.5 for

Thx, will do! Hopefully I will be Vooming tomorrow. :D

ingramba said:
If they say no, let them aim it at 148 and when they leave, post back here your info (zip or general area) and we can give you the elevation and azimuth to aim at 61.5 for

Thx, will do! Hopefully I will be Vooming tomorrow. :D
Better yet, just go into the setup menu where you point the satellite and punch in your zip code, it will show you the azimuth and elevation.

The elevation is the trickiest part, but if the mast is perfectly plumb vertical, once you set the elevation, you can eyeball the direction of 61.5 and swing the dish very slowly until you find a signal then fine tune it to get maximum strength, it really is quite easy.

Voom time! :)

Well I'm happy to report that as of 1:30 central time today I am Vooooominggggg...!! :D

The installer got here today and I asked him if he would point dish to 61.5 and he said np! I enticed him with a $20.00 but he probably would have done it for nothing. I was glad to let him do it with it almost 100 degrees outside.

When I called Dish today to activate I had to tell him I had a dish pointed at 61.5, he never would have asked otherwise. Everything went perfect and was off the phone with Dish within 3 minutes.

Thx again for all the suggestions you all gave me! :clap :bow

Glad your happy and glad that you are vooming. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)