To be or not to be iPad

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Got a little mad money today. Want to get a tablet. A bit magnetized to Apple, especially with Hopper w/Sling transfer ability (no, don't have the sling version yet). Just starting my research here. Thanks in advance,

Got a little mad money today. Want to get a tablet. A bit magnetized to Apple, especially with Hopper w/Sling transfer ability (no, don't have the sling version yet). Just starting my research here. Thanks in advance,

If you have your heart set on an iPad (I have a 3rd gen myself and love it), I would wait a couple of months for the 5th generation to be released (probably September/October). I'm sure the 4th gen is great, but the 5th will likely be just as good, if not better. And if it doesn't do anything for you, you will probably be able to find a 4th gen at a reduced price.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The iPad is no doubt the Rolls Royce of tablets. I too have the 3rd generation (retina display) and came from the 1st generation.
I don't have any notions to upgrade anytime soon. The retina display was the only reason I did upgrade and so glad I did.

If you have your heart set on an iPad (I have a 3rd gen myself and love it), I would wait a couple of months for the 5th generation to be released (probably September/October). I'm sure the 4th gen is great, but the 5th will likely be just as good, if not better. And if it doesn't do anything for you, you will probably be able to find a 4th gen at a reduced price.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those "I want it NOW" kind of guys. Always have been. Been looking at the apple store refurbs, but I'm not sure it's worth just getting a new one. Ideas on that???

Unfortunately, I'm one of those "I want it NOW" kind of guys. Always have been. Been looking at the apple store refurbs, but I'm not sure it's worth just getting a new one. Ideas on that???

I went from a 1 (only bought it to lock in unlimited data-really wanted to wait for the second gen) to a 3rd. The 3rd, with it's retina display is leaps and bounds better. I would not get anything older than 3rd gen. This is especially true if you're getting a broadband capable model since LTE is not found in the 1st or 2nd gens.

I'm quite happy with my 3rd gen, but as an iPhone 5 user, I will consider the new one just to have everything working on one port and not having to have multiple connectors everywhere I go. Not sure what phone you use, but that is something to take into account if applicable. (As a proud jailbreaker, I will not commit to a knew one until I am fairly certain that it can be jailbroken.)

I reserve the right to alter the previous statement if the new one has some sort of killer new feature.

My dad got one of the referbs. Essentially it looks brand new and was probably one that was returned during the 30 day return window. Apple gives it the same warranty as a new one.

I will point out that our iPad3 does not receive a signal as well as my iPhone5. In marginal areas I can surf on the phone but not the iPad.

Also, we love the Hopper iPad transfer feature but were disappointed to learn it will not play via the HDMI adapter to a TV. It's cozy for two to watch a show on the iPad screen. But some have posted here that if you jailbreak you can get it to play on the TV. PQ is unknown.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Have a 3 Started with a 1 and made the upgrade move about 3 months ago. No need for the NEWEST and the 3 gave me what I was wanting and that was the camera for facetime. That being said the speed is noticably better on the 3 as you would expect.

Have bought the 3 and an earlier Ipod Touch from the Apple Referb. IMO for me it is the only way to go. Good price discount and cannot tell the diff from new on anything I have bought or seen from others. Note that this is APPLE referb. As far as an independant Apple referb. I would never go that route.

BTW, I will add that I have grown to appreciate the Lightening connector over the 30 pin. Plugs in either way and is just easier to deal with.

Agree. Have it on my Touch. Not a big enough advantage to go do an upgrade but it is deff. not something that I would use to keep me from upgrading. It is a + in my opinion.

BTW, I will add that I have grown to appreciate the Lightening connector over the 30 pin. Plugs in either way and is just easier to deal with.

It definitely makes plugging in my phone in the dark before bed very easy.

If you want a tavlet that can connect to 3g 4g networks then the Ipad is the best solution. Also if you have a lot of money spent in itunes or apple app store for iphone/ipod it is the only choice

If you want something a little cheaper look up the Nexus 10. It runs android and has a higher resolution then the iPad though poorer battery performance. If you have an android phone it is a real option.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

It definitely makes plugging in my phone in the dark before bed very easy.

And we certainly need to do that every night. I'm having to do it twice a day sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts