OSX Mavericks discussion thread

Right now it is too expensive for me to upgrade to an Apple computer that would accept OSX Mavericks. OSX Lion is as high as I can go on my current computer & I guess as soon as they stop support for it,I'll drift over to Linux.

Right now it is too expensive for me to upgrade to an Apple computer that would accept OSX Mavericks. OSX Lion is as high as I can go on my current computer & I guess as soon as they stop support for it,I'll drift over to Linux.
I'm in the same boat with my Early 2007 Mac Pro 1.1. I was waiting to see if they announced the new Mac Pro (which they did) but I don't think I will be getting one as it has moved more Pro than the current generation. Maybe the refurbed prices on the 2012 refresh Mac Pros will come down when the Mac Pro R2D2 is available.

Nice cant wait to load it to my hackintosh Dell XPS 13.. which is running 10.8.3 right now.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

List of macs compatible:

iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Xserve (Early 2009)

List of macs compatible:

iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Xserve (Early 2009)

My iMac is a 17" 2006 model :(.

Unless you happen to be a Big Wave surfer (a very small club), you'll more likely associate Mavericks with a Texas NBA franchise.

Just as long as they don't call the next one OSX Cowboys; then it would truly suck and be like Windows ME, Vista, and 8 (this coming from a Dallas Cowboys fan). :eek:

Just as long as they don't call the next one OSX Cowboys; then it would truly suck and be like Windows ME, Vista, and 8 (this coming from a Dallas Cowboys fan). :eek:

I don't get the Mavericks thing being a California thing, but who cares really? Will they have OSX Reseda? Or OSX Zzyzx? :D

Marvick is a surfer thing. It has some of the biggest surf plus the deadliest as some of the best surfers have died trying to ride the waves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see how much lag there is using an AppeTV as a display. I know using AirPlay that it isn't instantaneous via WiFi, but a 100% wired connection should help. Still, the AppleTV has a maximum of 100 Mbps wired. Apple TV 4 with 802.11ac, anyone?

Whatever the lag time might be, my experience using the AppleTV as a display shows me that it is barely noticeable at worst, and not noticeable at all at best.

I never notice any lag from my wifi to Apple TV via ML. Of course, I have an Airport Extreme sitting adjacent to the Apple TV. :)