OSX Mavericks discussion thread

I watched the MacBreak Weekly where someone wondered what's going to happen to the Mac Pro when someone puts a folder or some papers on top of it. Will the fan kick into "hover" mode to float the impediment off before the Unified Thermal Core slags into a puddle of aluminum alloy?

Which brings up another good question about the Mac Pro: how much do you think it's going to start at? I think they will have the low end model start at the same $2,499 price point (quad core, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) and quickly escalate with faster CPUs, more cores, more RAM, and larger SSDs. It might even have a single GPU which might be good enough for some Pros.

If Apple charges too much then the Pros will be driven to the Hackintosh solution.

If Apple charges too much then the Pros will be driven to the Hackintosh solution.

Highly unlikely. Most pros don't have time to be systems integrators to make it all work, then there are the potential legal issues and any number of other things to think about.

Our to put it another way, our/their time is too valuable to spend time on this type of stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Some of the Server features are nice. I like that one OS X server can be the central repository for Updates and the rest of your Macs inside your LAN can update from there instead of everyone needing to pull it across the Internet from Apple's servers. Microsoft Windows Server has had WSUS for ages and now Apple gets around to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts