OSX Yosemite experiences

Had it not been for the iOS7 experience, had Yosemite come out the way it did, there would be serious dissonance. It is true that we get used to the environment we use, and if there is one thing Apple has done, it has been to make the two operating systems share a great deal in terms of aesthetics.

I am having one problem on Yosemite. My wi-fi drops out way too frequently, and for no apparent reason, but at home, and at the office. I started digging around, and this seems to be a common problem, that Apple, as is par for the course, has pretty much ignored. But my problem seems sporadic, with no rhyme nor reason.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I tried all the above and none worked for me. However I did get the new beta last night which has stopped disconnecting me from the wifi... but still have periods when wifi traffic just stops for a few seconds and then starts working again. Its annoying.

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
I saw that yesterday and was wondering if my router was going out as its old but then I did a test and my phone still worked fine on wifi.

I'ver used Macs since I was 6 years old (1993), currently have a 2011 MacBook Air and a 2010 Mac Pro (formerly had an iPhone 2G, then 3GS - can no longer afford the obligatory rip off cell phone plan required to own such things).

I'm not upgrading. I think Mac OS X 10.9.5 is going to be it. The sh!tty interface (and the complete stupification and butchering of Safari) in 10.10 are a major reason, yeah, but the first nail in the coffin was the launch of the Mac App Store. Each subsequent version since then has made it just a bit harder/more awkward to run software acquired through other means.

Well this update does NOT fix the Wifi Problem for me, still disconnecting randomly. I need to turn off Wifi and turn it on again to be able to connect again.

Not that it should matter, but do you have an AirPort for your Wireless Router? I have the 802.11ac Time Capsule and Yosemite on my mid-2011 MacBook Air and haven't seen any WiFi issues.

Not that it should matter, but do you have an AirPort for your Wireless Router? I have the 802.11ac Time Capsule and Yosemite on my mid-2011 MacBook Air and haven't seen any WiFi issues.

The problem occurs on my airport at home and the corporate wifi setup at work.

I wonder (and I'm sure Apple is equally wondering) why mine is fine while you and Scott are having issues. I hate it when Apple stops being all "Appley"...

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
OS X 10.10.1 is now available to download. I've loaded it on my MBA and Mini.

Not sure if it has really resolved the wifi issues. Still takes too long to reconnect when the macbook goes to sleep.

Mine is still dropping wifi connection with the new software. It even dropped at the Apple Store last night.

They are going to replace my entire top panel, keyboard, trackpad and battery because the trackpad on my retina MacBook Pro is not working correctly.

Mine only drops after the laptop's screen goes off, and then it seems to struggle to identify which of 15 networks are present. At the office, it seems to be working better.

It is improved, but not the way it should be. This really should not be rocket-science

Besides the dropping of wifi the speed is a lot slower then it was on the old OS. Before when I ran a speed test on wireless I got a 150 mb/s download speed now when I test it the tops I get is around 75 mb/s most time much slower. If I plug it into ethernet I get the 150 mb/s. I know its not my cable modem or router as they are the same ones I had before I upgraded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts