OSX El Capitan

I am running Office 2008 and it seems to be working fine. Glad I never updated.

However, I am getting a warning that I need to install a java update for command line type apps. I have now installed it 4 times, gone through my settings, recycled safari and even rebooted several time. Yet I still get the warning every 5-10 minutes. Might switch to chrome and see if that fixes it.

I need to find a better solution for an e-mail client on my Mac than Entourage. I was wondering if I set up a POP3 e-mail server that I could migrate all of my e-mails off of my Mac and put them someplace safe and more accessible. That would give me access to my old e-mail but get me away from Microsoft.

I have used Apple Mail for several years. It isn't perfect, but it works well. But my mail is all imap-based. I occasionally copy down mail from imap folders to "On my mac" to archive them. Email is always a challenge.

That's my dilemma, my entire archive of personal e-mail exists as Entourage e-mail folders on my iMac. I figure if I can create a local e-mail server, I can move the contents to this local server and then switch to Apple Mail.

That's my dilemma, my entire archive of personal e-mail exists as Entourage e-mail folders on my iMac. I figure if I can create a local e-mail server, I can move the contents to this local server and then switch to Apple Mail.
I never used Entourage, so thankfully I don't have these issues. Of course, I can't suggest solutions either. I do use a program called InfoClick which works with Apple Mail as a full-powered search tool.

Apple Mail is smart enough to import your Entourage mail. IIRC it even brings over the folders. Or am I misunderstanding your intent?

Apple Mail is smart enough to import your Entourage mail. IIRC it even brings over the folders. Or am I misunderstanding your intent?
Yes, that is exactly what I'd like to do! When I looked at this before, it wasn't an option.

My Father-in-Law is in the same boat so I guess I'll experiment on my account, then fix him up.

Who needs Apple Geniuses when we've got SatelliteGuys?

Edit: In other news, I downloaded the 1.1 GB El Capitan 10.11.1 Update to my MacBook Air last night and fired off all the Mac App Store updates before I left for work this morning. The last thing to update is the VPN client for work to see if the new version works more consistently.

Edit, part duex: I opened up the Mail App and went to Import. .mdat files can be imported, but, Entourage 2008 creates a single Database file for all the messages and folders. I need to attack this from a different angle.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts