OSX Yosemite experiences

I don't know if mine is slower, but I will admit it has felt slower at times.

Oh, the price we pay for living with what is truly a beta operating system.

What I am finding is that when my mac turns on after being asleep, that it won't automatically connect to the network, but if I select the network, it connects much more quickly, and seems not to drop-off. It is improved, it is not FIXED. And I don't know if it is slower or not.

Hmmm, Rocky, sounds like it's time for a new MBA, and pass the old MBA off to your son for college! ;)
(that's my plan for mine...)

Hmmm, Rocky, sounds like it's time for a new MBA, and pass the old MBA off to your son for college! ;)
(that's my plan for mine...)

I'd love a new macbook, but don't see it in my future anytime soon.

A week in with the update, I'd say that wi-fi drop-outs have almost entirely ended, but it still struggles finding the wifi network at home when I turn it on, or awake from sleep. I have to go to wifi, click on my SSID, and then it usually connects very quickly. But it doesn't seem to "remember" the network, even though it is listed as first in my list in settings.

My Wifi seems better as well, but still slow. I have had no drop outs since the latest beta came out last week. I don't know if the software fixed it or if Apple fixed it when I had my keyboard, track pad and battery replaced. As when I got it back none of my stored WIFI networks were stored anymore.

My Wifi seems better as well, but still slow. I have had no drop outs since the latest beta came out last week. I don't know if the software fixed it or if Apple fixed it when I had my keyboard, track pad and battery replaced. As when I got it back none of my stored WIFI networks were stored anymore.

I think I should just delete my stored networks, and start from scratch. Might make sense.

I'm not sure if it's a Yosemite thing, a 10.10.1 thing, or a my-MacBook Air-is-over-three-years-old thing, but it seems that my battery has been draining quicker than usual. Of course, when I'm on this site, usually Safari is the top user of Energy.

I realized that the last OS X update killed the hand-off tweak that I had setup with the continuity activation tool. So, I downloaded the latest version, and ran it. Somehow, I managed to completely toast my boot-up ability. Lost two hours last night, as I tried every terminal-based fix that I could find, but ultimately just used the recovery partition to reinstall OSX. Everything is back to normal (except i don't have continuity), but I doubt I will try again. Not sure what I did wrong.

I was having problems with a persistent keychain access request every time I'd connect wifi. I deleted the SSID profile, and started from scratch, and for the first time in a long time, it is automatically finding and connecting quickly to my wifi.

Reactions: Foxbat
Hopefully I will have all my Macs running the latest Yosemite by tomorrow. I just need to find a good home for my old Mac Pro.

My MBAir is working extremely well now, connects automatically, and quickly. No clue why I didn't just delete the dang SSID profile earlier.

What, is it up for adoption? :)
Check the "Retina iMac" thread that mperdue started. Mine came in today and he gets his tomorrow. Once I get everything copied over and set up, the Mac Pro is retiring after almost eight straight years of Folding proteins for the F@H project.

I would keep it going if Apple had provided a way to run Mavericks / Yosemite on it, but alas, Lion is as far as I could take it. It's still a powerful computer, but Apple has stopped providing updates (or so it seems as I didn't get the Safari update that they released last week.)

Someone suggested that I install Windows 7 on it, so that is a possibility. 64-bit version, of course, to take advantage of the 10 GB of RAM that it has.

Or just keep it as a backup machine for when it is needed. Heck, my kid is using an old 2007 iMac as a web-browsing machine. He uses my 2011 macbook pro for recording music though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)