To cut or Not to Cut

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mijd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Sarasota fl
First off, Happy New Year to my fellow Satellite Guys members and thanks in advance for any comments, opinions or answers to my questions.

I'm 16 months in to my contract and would like to add ShowTime to my subscription and pay for it by eliminating a client and the equipment protection. I'm wondering by doing so will this extend my contract by adding ST or will I be in breach of my contract by removing a client and equipment protection? Does anyone advice against this removing the EP at this stage in the game?

I could call DTV and ask, but I'd rather be knowledgeable by asking my fellow SG members first.

-Jim

contract extension only happens if you upgrade equipment (or agree to some programming like NFL ST for discounted rate)

you can remove a client and protection with no issues.

no problem. I've removed receivers with no issues. They just send me a box to send it back. When I upgraded to the HR34/Genie in Feb 2012 I kept a HD receiver and a HD DVR (gave back a HD DVR). About 6 months later the HD DVR went back and when I moved in Dec 2012 I gave back the HD receiver. My contract still ends next month (Feb 2014)

Ordering /Returning Receivers

If I order a HR24 and want to return an h25, does directv send me a shipping label via email ? or am I on the hook for the return shipping ? Does it make a difference if I order the Hr24 from directv or if I order it from say Sadoun . com or solid signal .. Do I have to have the new receiver shipped to my install address or can I get it shipped to my mailing address ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)