thinking of direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
Ok so I'm thinking of getting direct tv. I have one hd tv and the other 2 or 3 are sd. I don't really need a dvr. All I really want is to able to watch tv and lower my current bill with dish. I need to have disney, nick, tvland, netgeo,netgeo wild, tlc,spike,gsn,discovery,history,cmt. What would y'all recomend?

I have one HD receiver and 1 SD Receiver.that's all I needed also. (though I keep thinking of getting a DVR, but would have to get better internet..) They have quite a few packages, so you'd be best to go to the website and compare. It's pretyy easy and the do offer to chat with you if you have questions. I switched over a year ago. I have no allegiance to either.
:)

You don't need the internet to use a DVR. It records the satellite signal.
And once you use a DVR you'll wonder why you didn't get one earlier.

Ok so I'm thinking of getting direct tv. I have one hd tv and the other 2 or 3 are sd. I don't really need a dvr. All I really want is to able to watch tv and lower my current bill with dish. I need to have disney, nick, tvland, netgeo,netgeo wild, tlc,spike,gsn,discovery,history,cmt. What would y'all recomend?

I am interested in how you found what you want is cheaper with Direct? What equipment do you now have with DISH?

Do the choice package. $29.99 per month plus $6 for each additional receiver, plus $10 for HD.

So you got $51.99/mo for the first year.

If you do auto pay, you can do the DVR for only $5 more.

In the second year, I think you go up $37 per month

You don't need the internet to use a DVR. It records the satellite signal.
And once you use a DVR you'll wonder why you didn't get one earlier.

Ooops I goofed !!! Sorry I gave bad info.!
I know I need a DVR to watch the On Demand programs, and I need a better internet for that.. I can get a free equipment upgrade soon and was looking into it for that reason only. Thanks for putting me on the right track again!!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts