To Genie or Not to Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Indy Racer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
St Louis
I've been a DTV subscriber for 12 years. I currently have 2 HD-DVRs (both HR22-100) and qualify for an upgrade. So my question is: is it worth upgrading to Genie or should I go for something else? Already paying more than my wife wants (Premier with all the movie channels, NHL Center Ice package)...so not looking to add more fees if I can help it.

Thanks for all and any suggestions/comments.

I just took the plunge on the genie and I love it. I had two HR-24's and a H25 HD receiver. I sent back one HR24 and the H25 and they installed a HR34 genie and the C31 client receiver, and it really works great! The C31 acts just like a DVR and the receiver is the size of an inkjet printer cartridge, so small! The HR34 is faster than the HR24, and the HR44 won't be available in my area for a few months.

In my opinion, if they give you a great deal, go for it. I got the genie and client receiver for free, NFL Sunday ticket for free AND $30 off my bill. Just call Directv, say cancel and you are connected to the retentions department and see what they offer.

Good luck!

IMHO you should get the Genie and return one of the HR22-100 DVRs, will give you seven tuners and more disk space.

Thanks for the advice. Ended up taking the plunge with the Genie (upgrading for no fee, includes installation) and keeping one of the HR22 so I'll have 7 tuners. Was able to get $20 off/month for 12 months. Asked if I could get the NHL Center Ice package free but that was a no go.

Question: should I have asked for the Genie to Go as another item of the free upgrade?

I'll probably upgrade to a Genie if and when one of my current HRs bites the dust.
I'll keep the other HR as a client to the Genie in order to have a backup DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)