To Pause Or Cancel

Papa47

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Texas
We have just sold our house and will begin looking for one to buy near our son. May take a couple of months to buy and move. We have been with dish for close to fifteen years and are not under contract. Can I pause my service and take advantage of the moving program when we get moved in? Or would it make more sense to cancel and just get a new system later. Right now we have a worn out 622 and will probably go to the hopper either way.

You will have a new address. If you can use wife's name and SS no. and say a cell phone number you are all set except for email address.
-Ken

Not so fast..... :)Do you have recordings on external hard drives or even on your receivers? Keep in mind you will lose those for sure on the external hard drives, and on the receivers if they are not yours and they must be returned. Beyond that DISH does give decent discounts for long time customers.
My strategy would be to pause, and when you are ready for service see what DISH will do for you. Using the movers program install will be free, and coming off of pause you may get them to give you a package discount or if you want some premiums to restart your account. If you do not have the Hopper system and want it, with a two year contract they may give you decent discounts. Don't underestimate being a long time customer.

If you don't have a bunch of recordings that you need to keep then I would do what the others suggested and cancel. You'll get the best deals when you sign up as a new customer.

Thanks,I think I will talk to dish and see what offers there might be if I pause and pick up later. If I cancel, will I lose HD for life?

Thanks,I think I will talk to dish and see what offers there might be if I pause and pick up later. If I cancel, will I lose HD for life?

Now that is a very good question. I believe you would lose it. Of course, as it stands, it is only good for 2 years for those of us that have it today....

Yes, you would lose HD Free for Life. When you sign back up it would be whatever the current promotion. Currently the promotion is Free Hd for 24 Months. I wouldn't be all that concerned with the Free HD promotion.

Last week I canceled my dish service on their web site through live assistance and first they offered me $35 dollars off a month for 10 months , said no thanks , then $40 off for 10 months ,said no thanks, and then they offered to put me on pause at no cost .

When we moved back from Indiana to the house we still owned in Wisconsin, since my daughter (who still lives at that house... yes we moved back in with our kids) has Dish already, I agreed to go on Dish Pause at no cost with the deal that when we bought a new house we could get the new deals. Yes they will offer it to you. For us I've decided to cancel anyway as we're not moving anytime soon (like within the next 18 months)

Well I called Dish to cancel and got offers to stay. They gave me $45 a month off for a year,no cost pause, 3 months of the premiums, and a free up-grade to a hopper/Joey system with no new contract. Sounds pretty fair. Thanks Dish.

Well I called Dish to cancel and got offers to stay. They gave me $45 a month off for a year,no cost pause, 3 months of the premiums, and a free up-grade to a hopper/Joey system with no new contract. Sounds pretty fair. Thanks Dish.
I would double check the no contract. Highly unusual for them to give out Hoppers without one.

Reactions: navychop

Highly unlikely. If you got that in writing somehow or legally taped a conversation, go for it.

You should have gone ahead and cancelled. You would receive a 600 dollar reduction next day in the email to come back. I would go with a new account as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)