To the Network Execs who run ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, Please read this.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok I know its doom and gloom for you with Areo and all, but I have thought of a way to increase revenue for you all. These are industry life saving ideas that should get immediately implemented.

1. Offer Regional DNS services that anyone in the country can subscribe to, with a caveat. You must sub to your locals in order to get these DNS Channels. If you offer lets say 5 or 6 big markets like 1. NY 2. Chicago 3. LA 4. Denver 5. Phoenix 6 Orlando 7. Dallas, ect. I would personally sub to both Denver and Chicago locals. Especially if Chicago offered the major 4 and WCIU and WGN. You also require anyone who subs to these DNS channels to sub to their locals as well so they get their fair share in retransmission agreements, and additional revenue from DNS based subs can help keep network programming afloat.

2. Also, offer Network feeds in 4k on a premium subscription basis. Look 4k is going to be the next big thing. I know of people who are ready to adopt it. (I am one of those) Offering those feeds on a subscription basis brings in new revenue, and perhaps you can do a revenue based sharing program where lets say 75 percent of the proceeds goes to the stations and 25 percent goes to the network. It keeps everyone happy. Those numbers are only an example and Im sure the bean counters can work a deal with the affiliates where its a 50 50 split or something.

3. Encourage bandwidth saving measures that would allow both satellite company's to either merge or share satellite bandwidth and resources between the two. Look right now there is alot of duplicated bandwidth up there. If we could get both satellite company's to transmit lets say HBO once and in a pristine signal that would save alot of cash and bandwidth. That cash could help relieve both satellite company's bottom lines allowing them to offer lower rates to the consumer, and thus creating more subscribers. The bottom line is prices have to come down to the point that the average joe isnt felling like they are getting ripped off so they can sub to cable programming and still afford to put dinner on the table at the end of the month. I know that you are looking to increase revenues, and I hope this post helps you in some way.

These are just a few ideas that I have going around in my noggin, but if implemented they could increase revenues for the industry while cutting down on consumer pricing and give the industry a boost. I do have to disclose that I have worked a long time in this industry and do work for the best satellite company who happens to be number one in the nation. I understand what the industry is going through, and I hope to see it live for a long time, it just might take some reform to make it more profitable. No one likes change, but I think this change is the best for the industry if it's implemented! :) Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)