To voom or not to voom

webmaster

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
I have dtv dish and cable. I was thinking of getting voom as well. Would love to here some of the things people have to say about voom. What have been your biggest likes and dislikes?

Owning my own online company gives me a lot of time to watch tv.

At least intill the fishing season comes up. lol

Hey webmaster, some people will tell you they like Voom. Others will tell you they don't like Voom. Neither has any bearing on whether YOU will like Voom.

I recommend that you visit the Voom site and review the channel offerings, then go to zap2it and see the actual programming on tonight, and decide for yourself if Voom interests you. The worst is you risk $1 for installation.

I happen to love Voom. But my taste might be nothing like yours. :D

Good luck! :up

1080iBeVuMin said:
Hey webmaster, The worst is you risk $1 for installation.

Isn't there a 6 month programming commitment that goes along with the $1 promotion?

Webmaster, the HD content is much better 3X better in way of channels and the quality is excellent.

The only problem may be with your locals. Should be fine though.

But Dick nor Dave offer your locals in HD so that is really a moot point.

So for a buck, you at least triple your HD offerings. Get an antenna for HD locals. If they go tits up, you got an antenna for a $1. :D

Voom

My opinion of Voom as an installer is that it is driving us nuts! We hate the system and have had many deinstalls already. Actually for every one we install we deinstall one. Local channels cannot be picked up with that sensar antenna they give you. The new multi switches dont amplify it and there is a fix but it requires a diplexer and another switch. The software causes nothing but problems. Lastly they are now dumping this product into the market to anyone. If you are an installer you know what i mean. People who cant credit qualify for Direct or Dish sure as hell can get voom with their 19" tvs and no HD tvs around. I hope to God they sell off to Dish so i will not have to install their garbage anymore! :mad:

LMAO, I thought your handle was
Satin Staller Hates Voom
instead of
SAT Installer Hates Voom

heh, priceless :)

no risk offer

webmaster said:
I have dtv dish and cable. I was thinking of getting voom as well. Would love to here some of the things people have to say about voom. What have been your biggest likes and dislikes?

Owning my own online company gives me a lot of time to watch tv.

At least intill the fishing season comes up. lol
free hardware and installation of Voom

I've had it for over a week and am quite happy.

I still have dish as a backup, but the quality of Voom is far superior in my view

SatinstallerhatesVOOM said:
My opinion of Voom as an installer is that it is driving us nuts! We hate the system and have had many deinstalls already....
Well, maybe if you got Voom for yourself and saw all the HD and exclusives, instead of watching ho-hum SD TV with all those commercials, you might change your mind and have a better attitude when you install the system. :clap :rolleyes:

Had it cancelled it! Simple as that! You may love your Voom which is great but I'm seeing alot of negatives on here and Broadbandreports! I am also dealing with customers who are tired of swapping boxes due to failure or not being able to get locals when they were PROMISED BY VOOM THEY WOULD GET THEM. Obviously this is my opinion there are good and bad with it, but the bad is quickly outweighing the good!

SatinstallerhatesVOOM said:
Had it cancelled it! Simple as that! You may love your Voom which is great but I'm seeing alot of negatives on here and Broadbandreports! I am also dealing with customers who are tired of swapping boxes due to failure or not being able to get locals when they were PROMISED BY VOOM THEY WOULD GET THEM. Obviously this is my opinion there are good and bad with it, but the bad is quickly outweighing the good!

Yeah, I read the same lines in four different threads that you posted... Can you give us new insight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts