Today Show not in HD

boothman

Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
I set my Comcast DVR to record the Today Show on 2/1. I wanted to catch Sheryl Crow. When I replayed it I saw that it was in SD. Scanning through it I noticed it went into HD for a second or two then reverted back to SD. This happened for the first 2 hours plus. We had bad weather in the Phila. area so the local station ran a banner across the bottom of the screen with school closings. After coming back from commercial breaks the show would be in HD for a moment just before that banner appeared. This was knocking it out of HD. Banner was on constantly until about 9:30 ruining the show. After that it was dropped and HD picture returned for rest of show. As a result I only got 1 of Sheryl's 3 songs in HD. Has anyone else run across this type of thing. Can't the engineer get around this problem? I sent an e-mail to the station. No reply.

Yes, the big issue is that the equipment that the local station uses for the weather crawl is not HD equipment. So, they will take the SD feed, and throw the crawl over that, and stick it on the digitial channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)