Today's CSR "HD Enabling fee" nightmare

TRSmudge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Rhinelander, Wi
Ok here we go.....

Before I called this morning I had AT120, locals, HBO/Max, HD Pak, Voom and use a 301 and 811

I called on Feb 1st to upgrade my 301 to a Vip211, it should arrive next week

I called the CSR because I was charged the new "HD Enabling Fee" even though I had an HD package

The CSR noticed the error and gave me a credit for the fee. Then I made the mistake of asking if I could be put on the new DishHD Gold pak even though my receiver was not here yet? The CSR said yes, and he would make the change while I waited. At the very end he said he was sorry it looks like I must have the activated 211 to upgrade to a DishHD package. I said thats OK just put me back to where I was before I called and I will call back when I get my new receiver. He said he would.

So 15 minutes later I noticed my HBO/Max and HD channels were gone and it looked like I had AT180.

So I call the CSR's again and asked again to be put back to where I was before the original CSR made the mistake. I was told they would change it back to AT120, would add HBO/Max back, BUT......

THEY CAN NOT PUT THE HD BACK ON - THE FORMER HD PAK AND VOOM PACKAGES DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE AND I MUST HAVE AN UPGRADED RECEIVER TO GET THE NEW DishHD PACKAGES.

I asked how can a mistake by a CSR turn off my current HD, and because of this you can not turn it back on???? She said she was sorry, but there is no way to turn it back on without a new receiver. She tracked my new receiver and said it would be delivered tomorrow, so I should call back then and upgrade my package. I asked for a supervisor, she said there woudn't be anything they could do and offered me my HBO(14.99) credit for a month.

I took the 14.99, not very happy, and hung up....

Bottom line.....
If you have the old Hd package do not cancel it for any reason or it will be gone until you get a new receiver (even if it is a CSR mistake)

What a joke.....
TRSmudge

They make it to where they cannot add the channels back for any reason on purpose, to do as they are trying to do, eliminate the MPEG-2 HD receivers.

Dish does this all the time. If you have Grandfathered programming, packages, prices, whatever and the CSR makes an error and removes any of them, you will never be able to get them back because the ability to select those options no longer exists on their system.

Don't order any of the new packages until after your install!

NightRyder

TRSmudge, I had this same problem. I ordered the 211 on Sunday with the Plat package and when I got home (40 min on hold in car) I had lost all my HD except HBO and Showtime. I called Tech support and the pleasant woman could not fix the problem but her supervisor did. When I get the 211 I will have to call back but that is no problem.

I have posted this EXACT question a couple places around here and I am wondering if this Enabling "Fee" is supposed to be on all accounts with HD programming.

Reason I say this is the fact that I got the 622 upgrade and the CSR told me I would have a 6 dollar Enabling fee even if I subscribe to HD.

I called 2 days later to HD Tech support to get a CSR from the United States and he told me that everyone is going to have this 6 dollar fee to have the HD channels. I told him that I subscribed to the HD Gold package and he said it didnt matter. Everyone will have the fee. If that is true that is crap. 5.98 fee for lease + 6 DVR fee + 6 HD Enabling fee?

If this is the case your nightmare my be only begininning because even if you get your HD back you still might get that extra fee.

Dish CS is becoming more and more ridiculous.
If i9t'd happened to me - a painfully clueless idiot would have turned my receiver off -, I'd have canceled the whole deal.

This is ridiculous. The CSR should be fired right there - this isn't a minor case. And I'm pretty sure there is a supervisor who can enable you, probably at higher level.

A CSR screwed up my Grandfathered Extended Warranty, making it go from $1.99 to $5/month and after going through 3 supervisors, I finally got it changed back. Granted, it was not programming, but a CSR could not do it.

I was ready to ask for a supervisor and plead my case for a third or fourth time, but when I found out my 211 tracking number showed it would arrive 2/8, I cut my losses(time) and will wait until tomorrow.

Still find it hard to believe it happens that much? Dish has forgotten what the "S" in CSR stands for.....

By the way, the CSR told me it would arrive Monday.....After I hung up and tracked it.....wrong again

TRSmudge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)