Tonight' Marlins Game (9/6/06) Blacked out WHY??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cueman98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Cocoa, Florida
Hi all, I have had D* since march 2005 to get the marlins games, and tonight is the first time ANY game has been blacked out for me on either 632 or 634 or 635. I have TC+ My zip is 32927. I am in the marlins territory so EI is not an option. As I said this is the first time this has happened since I got D*. The game is on sun sports(actually 635) which I should get. Anybody else have this problem? what am I missing? The D* rep on the phone just said "I Don't know, sorry." not much else I could say after that. I am totally confused.

UPDATE: The game came on during the seventh inning, which is good, 'cause if I hadn't been able to see sanchez finish that no hitter, I would have been plenty pi$$ed.

Last edited:
Well, I'm kind of wondering why I keep getting blacked out of these Marlins games when:

1. I subscribe to Total Choice and am supposed to get my local cable sports network (Channel 632, Sun Sports, which is always on expect when DTV decides to black out certain games).
2. I subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and am supposed to get all games that are on the cable sports channels.

This strikes me as another attempt by DTV to dip into subscribers' pockets. How can they explain that I'm not getting what I'm paying for? Am I missing something.

Yes, I did email DTV and am awaiting a reponse.

DBS and cable companies do not black out, they only enforce the black out they are told. Check the local affiliate when the RSN is blacked out.

" This strikes me as another attempt by DTV to dip into subscribers' pockets"

Think about that; black outs make for angry viewers and COST them money if those viewers leave; it is the leagues and teams you should have a beef with.

But it's not a blackout. They're telling me on-screen that I can get the game with a higher-priced package.

The Devil Rays game was on FSN up here in Central Florida. Don't know if that's why you were blacked out but the game ended pretty early - about the time the game came on for you.

BTW, Fish are on quite a roll. Too bad not many in the stands to see the no-no.

davetroy said:
But it's not a blackout. They're telling me on-screen that I can get the game with a higher-priced package.

Sorry, was just going by your comment:

davetroy said:
Well, I'm kind of wondering why I keep getting blacked out of these Marlins games

The game was on MEI, 632 (SUN Net) and 649 (FSN AZ), but you have an on-screen message that actually read "you can get the game with a higher-priced package" I have NEVER seen that message before.

Last edited:
was the game by chance on espn, or a local channel? I know here in dfw the texas ranger games are either on espn, foxssw, or a local regular channel. If the game is on espn then its blacked out on fssw. If its on fssw its blacked out on espn. And sometimes kdfi 27 which is a local ota station is the rangers broadcast station they will have them. Also isnt it true that if the game is not a sell out it is subject to black out restrictions?

cueman98 said:
Hi all, I have had D* since march 2005 to get the marlins games, and tonight is the first time ANY game has been blacked out for me on either 632 or 634 or 635. I have TC+ My zip is 32927. I am in the marlins territory so EI is not an option. As I said this is the first time this has happened since I got D*. The game is on sun sports(actually 635) which I should get. Anybody else have this problem? what am I missing? The D* rep on the phone just said "I Don't know, sorry." not much else I could say after that. I am totally confused.

UPDATE: The game came on during the seventh inning, which is good, 'cause if I hadn't been able to see sanchez finish that no hitter, I would have been plenty pi$$ed.

charper1 said:
Sorry, was just going by your comment:

The game was on MEI, 632 (SUN Net) and 649 (FSN AZ), but you have an on-screen message that actually read "you can get the game with a higher-priced package" I have NEVER seen that message before.

Be serious. You know what I mean. The on-screen message referred to other packages I could subscribe to in order to get the game, and they're all higher priced.

No, the game wasn't on ESPN locally.

If you are in the RSNs local territory, ESPN cannot blackout the game on the local RSN either.

Do you have Total Choice or higher package?

Oh, DIRECTV has never made a mistake. What a crock.

I have Total Choice. The on-screen message says. "Don't see the game on Ch 635? Get up to 49 additional Florida Marlins games in the 2006 season by ordering TOTAL CHOICE PLUS, TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER, SELECCION ULTRA or SELECCION PREMIER."

Yes, I know. They used to be on PAX and now they want a surcharge for providing them on an RSN in addition to the regularly scheduled RSN games. Somewhat similar to the Indians FSN Ohio thing a couple of years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)