Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Don't forget tonight that after our Scotty Chat... Dish Network will be having a Tech Chat Tonight at 9PM ET on channel 101!

Here is whats planned for tonights Tech Chat...

We’ll have a guest from CEA that will take us on a video tour of many cool new gadgets introduced at CES where more than 20,000 new products were unveiled and demonstrated.
We’ll take a tour of the Sling booth for those who couldn’t go to CES.
And we’ll tour the new Sling products that DISH Network plans to launch this first half of 2010.
And we’ll go in depth on the iPhone app for DISH Remote Access.
And we’ll introduce a new low cost single tuner DVR.

And of course, live Q&A and we have a cool prize to give away from CEA.

Don't forget tonight that after our Scotty Chat... Dish Network will be having a Tech Chat Tonight at 9PM ET on channel 101!

Here is whats planned for tonights Tech Chat...

[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

No new HD this week

Next month after the Charlie Chat new HD what a joke

Who and the heck wants a single-tuner DVR? It sounds like E*'s new DVR to avoid paying licensing fees to Tivo. :confused: My Sony HD DVR with free built-in TV Guilde On Screen is excellent...except for the fact it has only a single-tuner so it bounced back-and-forth between a spare TV room and the guest bedroom.

Who and the heck wants a single-tuner DVR? It sounds like E*'s new DVR to avoid paying licensing fees to Tivo. :confused: My Sony HD DVR with free built-in TV Guilde On Screen is excellent...except for the fact it has only a single-tuner so it bounced back-and-forth between a spare TV room and the guest bedroom.

is it a single tuner like a 211, or is it a single tuner like they call a 612 because it only outputs to one tv?

Tech Chat

My, oh my !! I think that I'll just sit back in my recliner and have fun tonight ! I'll certainly be joining everyone here at 7:30, and then watch my favorite comedy show on channel 101 at 9:00 - You know - The Dish Network Comedy Hour. :D

I just hope someone gets through on the phones/email that is having problems with EHD recordings being erased unintentionally. I got hit once by this problem. I know it won't be easy to pinpoint. The cynic in me says we'll just get some dopey questions that could be answered here... Sorry if I offended someone.

Last edited:
No new HD this week

Next month after the Charlie Chat new HD what a joke

Multiple media sources now stating that both Dish Network and DirecTV will be adding multiple HD channels on Wednesday, including Fox Soccer Channel HD for both providers. ( D* will be adding MSNBC-HD for Olympics coverage, as well as supposedly ESPNU-HD, E* is rumored to be adding E! HD, BBC America HD amongst others, see other threads.)

And we’ll introduce a new low cost single tuner DVR.

Most intersting of the topics. Wonder if they will they let us trade in our DUO 622s and 722s that they were encouraging and giving away only a few years ago before the 612 came about.

This may be their answer to many of us complaining about the high fees. I would expect them to charge us and then require a commitment extension to boot....

Multiple media sources now stating that both Dish Network and DirecTV will be adding multiple HD channels on Wednesday, including Fox Soccer Channel HD for both providers. ( D* will be adding MSNBC-HD for Olympics coverage, as well as supposedly ESPNU-HD, E* is rumored to be adding E! HD, BBC America HD amongst others, see other threads.)

Well if D* adds ESPN-U HD, E* cant be far behind can they? Oh wait, I'm thinking logically again. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)