Too Good to be True?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Funny thing.. I ran across the same guy before running into this thread. Was thinking the same thing.... too good to be true.
So, Rodder, is it up and running yet? Just checking to make sure because he still has some listed. Little nervous on the bidding with his low feedback and too good to be true deal... but if it worked ok for you perhaps it's legit.
Or..
perhaps its all stolen and he doesn't have a dime in it anyway.
Not a cloned receiver?? I don't know that fortec has many/any clones compared to some other models but I could be wrong on that one.

I have a feeling that they have a small shop , and are trying to clear out some inventory to get cash in these tough times. It's a fine deal and very reassuring to know that it's legitimate .

:)

I wonder why he never put the motorized package back up at the proper price?

I wonder why he never put the motorized package back up at the proper price?
Why don't you message him on ebay and ask? When I emailed them , they seemed grateful to have the opportunity to talk to me . I don't see these guys as crooks. Seems like FTA is not their primary business, but a sideline, and they may be overstocked and need cash.
:)

This guy seems to be new on eBay or selling for that matter. Once he gets his eBay / Paypal / and FedEX invoices, he will be shocked at the loses he is encoring.

It cost us around $6 just for the carton that we ship the system in. Then you add the warehousing/packing costs, and the FEDEX/UPS shipping fee which could go from $25 up to $55 to ship from East coast to West coast for a complete 80cm system.

It is impossible to stay in business at these prices. Something is not right there.

Yes his shipping is way low. I needed to order a dish to replace one that a friend had hit with a car. The 90cm fortec dish and shipping was going to cost me $101.

I purchased the dish, receiver and LNB from this guy for only $19 more.

I got mine all unboxed only to find there was no lnb in the box. I don't know if it was a mistake or not. :( I sent an email to them, hopefully they will respond and tell me they are sending one at no charge. I will say even without the lnb it was still a deal. I had one to use so not a big deal in the immediate future. Everything looked great, fit together great and works great. :up

This guy seems to be new on eBay or selling for that matter. Once he gets his eBay / Paypal / and FedEX invoices, he will be shocked at the loses he is encoring.

It cost us around $6 just for the carton that we ship the system in. Then you add the warehousing/packing costs, and the FEDEX/UPS shipping fee which could go from $25 up to $55 to ship from East coast to West coast for a complete 80cm system.

It is impossible to stay in business at these prices. Something is not right there.

The only way it makes sense to me, is if it's a small shop with a lot of inventory to unload to get cash. Could be they're having a " Going out of FTA business sale" . Times are tough, and it wouldn't surprise me. It's certainly not a sustainable business model !

I sent him an e-mail about the one with the motor. His response was.

"Per the factory, the motors are no longer available and not nessasary in using the kits."

Which is true unless you want it to move, but i think i'm still going to get one even without the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts