Too heck! With those Premium Channels

Yep, freeviews are no more frequent today than say five years ago. I don't think PREMIUMS (the knick-name should be reserved solely for its' traditional use) are going anywhere soon.

I'm hooked on HBO and Showtime because of boxing, so must keep them. As far as other Premiums, it makes since to keep them in my case, because the savings would be minimal. So I'm stuck with Everything Package.
Dan

Comcast has an interesting freeview this week. The big premium channels are free either On Demand or via online streaming. Not the channels themselves, just the On Demand. I only subscribe to lifeline as part of my internet service and don't have a cablebox, so I'm limited to online streaming only.

That said, their streaming sucks. Mucho freezes, with no apparent way to buffer playback to limit the problems. Tried to get caught up on Shameless Season 2 last night and had to quit after 2 episodes. Picture freezes were just too irritating, although the program would eventually continue.

Why complain about a set of channels that people choose to subscribe to and pay for. They are a la carte! That is supposed to be the holy grail!

Why complain about a set of channels that people choose to subscribe to and pay for. They are a la carte! That is supposed to be the holy grail!
I wouldn't sat he was complaining about them, rather glooming and dooming them.

Amazon Prime coming in at $6.58 per month,tax included here,is definitely the winner.I sub to netflix about once a year,that catches me up on everything they offer.As for HBO,imo it is overpriced,the series such as GOT are great though,HboGo is also a winner,that said,I still wouldn't pay $18 per month for it.

I've always considered the streaming video to be the bonus.

I suppose those that buy a fair amount of things on Amazon would find the shipping to be the prime reason to have it.

I don't buy much of anything at all these days, so it is of secondary importance to me. But either way, it is a decent value.

Amazon Prime coming in at $6.58 per month,tax included here,is definitely the winner.I sub to netflix about once a year,that catches me up on everything they offer.As for HBO,imo it is overpriced,the series such as GOT are great though,HboGo is also a winner,that said,I still wouldn't pay $18 per month for it.
$18 is really too much for me. While the programming is top notch, that'd kick my bill up about 30%. I wouldn't say it is overpriced (especially with the inclusion of HBO Go, the on Demand selection via the rcv'r, but more out of my comfortable price range.

I'm still in my first 3 months, after that I'll have T250, SHO, HBO, BB@Home, 2 boxes and with rebates the bill will be about $85 or so.

If/when they offer a special on Starz and Cinemax I'll consider adding them back in.

Since I'm almost at the end of the 1st 3 months, the only 'my offer' I'm getting is the Movers.

I suppose that will change (hopefully) after the 3 month anniversary. If it doesn't I won't lose sleep as neither have anything I'm all a flutter about.

My son is a bit perturbed as he likes Spartacus, but he doesn't pay the bills and he's an adult. (a different story for a different time and place)

I guess maybe the real title of this thread should have been! IS ANYONE STILL PAYING FULL PRICE FOR PREMIUMS ANYMORE?

As many have said here we only occasionally watch movies on the premiums. The series are what keep them in our house. With Game of Thrones starting up this weekend there is no way we will be getting rid of HBO especially when we get it half off. We also subscribe to Starz, Showtime, and Epix all for half off. Epix will probably go when the half off expires even though it isn't a bad deal at $7. Nothing on Cinemax has convinced us to add that one even at half price.

Banshee and Strike Back on Max were very good. Supposedly two or three more in the pipe.

...As for HBO,imo it is overpriced,the series such as GOT are great though,HboGo is also a winner,that said,I still wouldn't pay $18 per month for it.
Once HBO gets rid of its outdated attachment to the cable/sat delivery model, and starts offering HBO Go as a standalone streaming offering, it'll be a beautiful thing. I'd say it would be worth $9.99 for a streaming only version.

Banshee and Strike Back on Max were very good. Supposedly two or three more in the pipe.
Cinemax is owned by HBO (Time Warner), and is another example of content providers spreading stuff out across many channels in order to squeeze more blood from the cable/sat subscriber stone. Why put one channel's worth of stuff on one channel, when you can put one channel's worth of stuff on multiple channels, and get the carriers to pay for more channels, who in turn pass those costs along to the consumers?

Of course, they assume that people don't see this, and will continue to fall for it. Some will, of course, as people are idiots. But, many will not. And, at some point, it will change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts