Too Late...

TommyBoyTX

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Texas
A couple of months ago my neighbor enjoyed my VoOm at my house... He just stopped by to get VoOms Number because he had bought a NEW SONY HD 50" TV. I had to tell him the bad news... He could not believe it. :shocked

I can't believe it either! What a shame Voom had to close down. Have you made the switch to Dish or Direct? Any thoughts on which one is better for HD content?

lakewoodvoomer said:
I can't believe it either! What a shame Voom had to close down. Have you made the switch to Dish or Direct? Any thoughts on which one is better for HD content?

I went to comcast no commitment, waiting to see what the future brings. Cheap for HD Digital Gold includes Showtime and HBO less than $80 bucks a month and $45 of that is my broadband internet....

TommyBoyTX said:
A couple of months ago my neighbor enjoyed my VoOm at my house... He just stopped by to get VoOms Number because he had bought a NEW SONY HD 50" TV. I had to tell him the bad news... He could not believe it. :shocked

I know how that is... I have a friend that asked me about voom the other day too. He said he is buying a HDTV with his tax return, and was asking about voom since he had seen it in person at my house a few months ago. I told him he was too late and half seriously and half jokingly told him that it is procrastinating people like him that caused voOm to go out of business. :no

Needless to say, he is very disappointed that he will not have the chance to enjoy all that HD on his new TV.

TommyBoyTX said:

Similar story happened to me Sunday night. After mowing the yard, was talking to my neighbor. He wanted to switch to Voom, due to the fact he was buying a new HDTV. Currently he had E*, but heard great things about Voom and had seen the infomercials. And was asking me on how to get it. So, I had to tell him the sad news, too. It's just a pitty CVC wouldn't want to hang on to Voom a year longer. Now everything started to fall in place, they were in a good place to be.

Same deal here. My neighbor who thought he was in HD heaven with digital cable saw Voom on my TV a week ago. He had been told he would not get locals with Voom and was amazed when he also discovered the 15+ channels I receive OTA.

On Monday he came over saying he was going to sign up and asking how to use me as a referal. He was even willing to live without his DVR until Voom offered theirs. He thought I was kidding him when I told him the bad news. Sadly, I was telling the truth.

Voom was indeed approaching the tipping point when they pulled the plug.

Will E Pick Up The Voom Chanels?

They Are Buying The Bird , I Guess They Will Use It ,
For $200.00 0million They Should .... :) Go E*

I guess we were fortunate to be part of this. It is going to be quite a while before the quantity and quality that we had will become mainstream

RUBEN SENDEREY said:
They Are Buying The Bird , I Guess They Will Use It ,
For $200.00 0million They Should .... :) Go E*

Of course they will use the bird. They just will not use it to deliver more HD. Their one sat is already failing so this will be the replacement. If Charlie adds anything it will be more shopping channels and exciting offerings like foreign language Bingo. Yeah right, go E*, go shopping that is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts