too much info....

dover99

Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
glendale.az
:confused: I am ex-voomer, and I am having trouble deciding on what to
do next. I have hd tv(built in) and I am currently recieving hd programming
from the local t.v.stations on their digital channels. I hate all the reg defnition broadcast, and I dont what to spend a fortune on hd recivers, and
get a sub-standard picture.

It seems that voom was the cheapest, and had the most hd, now looking at
dish, and direct....I am charged for a fraction of the progarmming I once had.
I'm sick of all this 3 months free crap, I dont plan to shut down after 3 months, and yuo cant anyway, or the cancellation fee is horrilble.

Is there anyone who can let me in on the secret, or do I need to take out
2nd on my house to pay for all the extras :(

Sean Mota said:
Why don't lease from Dish? Is the best you can get besides Cable (if available to you)?

Yup. That pretty much sums it up. Old Dish seems to give you a bit more for a little less money, IMHO. Plus, if you can receive 61.5, they have 10 VOOM channels now with more on the way! And the 942 is pretty sweet too! If you have the AEP, there is no DVR fee. We have AEP, locals, HD & VOOM. Yes, we would like more HD nationals and our locals in HD now - they are in the works however. Again, for us, old Dish is the best of the lot!

da Doug

AEP: America's Everything Pack = America's Top 180 Pack with Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, and Encore. With AEP, there is no DVR Fee (on all receivers with DVR except 501 & 508, there is a $5 per DVR receiver per month fee)
61.5 - the location (61.5 degrees) of two E* satellites that provide some locals and VOOM HD channels. It requires a second dish to receive. Go to the local channels section on E* website type in your address, and if you decide to subscribe to your local channels, E* will have to give you a free second dish if any of your local channels are on 61.5 (usually indicated by an * beside the channel list). If you are not so lucky, a $100 installation fee will do the trick.

942 - a type of HD DVR receiver. Two satellite tuners and one over-the-air tuner. Can feed another non-HD tv with its own remote and independent channel selection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)