Too much snow on my dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I just had surgery on my foot, going out to the dish in the back yard is not for me now. With a ton of snow on my C band dish everything went dark except 99w (actually a good sat to be stuck with). Ku dish is still in service. Anyone with a broom near Traverse City MI?

Since the 300-Foot Telescope is no more, the snow now accumulates in the dish of its replacement, the Green Bank Telescope (GBT). I’ve never seen it in action, but apparently controllers just tilt the dish past the angle of repose so the snow slides out

Ok, it snowed even more today and I lost the last signal of 99w I had. So I did cautiously move the dish to my extreme East then West positions. 99 and a few others came back. I'm watching Sheldon on ABC Puerto Rico as I type this!

Last edited:
Well just so you don't feel bad,I had to go out and smack the Paraclipse a few times,to get some of the 2" of wet slop out of it.Ran it down to the dump position,I've got it so it will go below the horizon,and the crud still wouldn't come out.Some judicious whacks with a shovel got enough out so Star Trek could be recorded tonite.
Take care of the foot,don't be kicking the cat/dog/wife or tv.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)