Too Tall ??

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Just got voom installed, looks great, just one problem. The picture is too tall for the screen. On close ups, the tops of heads are cut off, when showing the weather, the boxs with the city names are all most all cut off. What's up ??

jawja,

welcome. You may need to adjust the geometry of your TV set. What type of TV you have. There were a few with the same problem and adjustment did it. Usually this is done in the service menu of the TV. Do you know how to do it?

The TV is a Toshiba 57H81. Nope, don't have a clue how to adjust.

You might just be in the wrong "TheaterWide mode" on your TV...Tosh's have 4 or 5 of these stretch modes. Check your manual, if lost, d/l a new one from their site.

Lob :)

I have a Toshiba as well. The remote should have a "pic size" button on it. Try the different settings. "Full Screen" is the correct setting on mine for a true 16x9 picture. However, for an HD signal my Toshiba automatically goes into 720 or 1080i mode and can't be adjusted. My other HD set still allows me to toggle through the pic size options, but works best in Wide Screen mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts