Top 250 to Latino Dos?

Oh, I did. I fully knew my options. Latino Dos is $5 less, comes with Deportes which has Spanish Premier League soccer (albeit in Spanish), and a few other channels. Nat Geo, Animal Planet, boomerang (that oddly enough would have been missed by me) and AMC are in Latino Dos (not in Top 120+), so there are movies, unlike Top 120 plus. So I saved a few more bucks and really didn't watch ESPN and ESPN2 enough to justify it.

We also like Boomerang. :) We also like Dogs 101 on Animal Planet.

Yes, it is true that although you may not get the same channels in the America's Top 120/Top 120+ package like ABC Family, CMT, CNBC, Disney (East and West), History, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, ESPNews, Fox News Channel, E!, Ion (West), Reelz Channel, Travel, TV Land, and VH1 there are a few that you get that are not in the America's Top 120+ package like you listed along with Bravo, Disney XD, The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids...I actually like the new format more), IFC, Si TV, and the Sirius XM channels. Of course, there are many Spanish channels as well. I took courses in Spanish, but I am not fluent in it. However, they are fun to watch. Actually, I wish I would have had them when studying Spanish. Anyway, even if you do not know any Spanish, Tr3s plays some shows in English from MTV. Sometimes they have English subtitles, Spanish subtitles, or no subtitles. Sometimes the shows are in English audio; the channel is by Boomerang. mun2 does the same sometimes. Therefore, you can get to know what is being said from time to time if a show is in Spanish.

Everyone works now, I think Dos HD wasn't included when I was changed over. Once that was determined after a couple hours, everything mapped and all was good. That was the problem. I couldn't even see the channels in Red. They simply weren't there.

Though Playboy isn't included in the mapping. The Dish website shows it as $0 to add on, but if you choose it, they say you have to call in to have it added. I bet if I do so, I'll be on the Chat for the following 3 hours trying to get back programming that disappeared, Starz or half of the Platinum channels, with one rep saying that I'll need to get a Very Large Array installed in order to get every satellite in the known universe.

Why can't we just add it from the website? Why give the option if you can't choose it? Dish Network's programming quality, availability, and options really are great, but try to change anything and you are rolling the dice in craps.

That's the problem with the Dish Network setup. It isn't exactly obvious. It is bad enough to have channels among a trio of satelites (with even the SD of one channel on a different satelite than the HD version of the same channel). They have multiple versions of channels. I received Fox Soccer Channel on 149 in Top 250... same dish... same everything... now it is on channel 2da6d for Latino Dos.

Then you get online and the people who allegedly know what is going on... may not actually know what is actually going on. You think one thing, they say the other... and if a person doesn't know better, who are they to judge? Luckily I find a site like this that has charts and all sorts of stuff. I was told that I didn't have the right dish setup to get the channels. Well, obviously having Top 250 with Platinum that can't possibly be true... however, with the way Dish has their setup... I'm wondering, is Latino Dos on west only? But the site here has the info, so I know the Dish Rep is wrong. That sort of certainty is priceless when trying to resolve the problem.

But I'm happy now (well ignoring that my Blu-Ray player can't stream Netflix for some reason OY!), $25 less a month, and $10 for Netflix. Saving $15 a month, and really getting more for my dollar. Latino Dos seems like a good trade off, if you can handle losing ESPN and ESPN2... and the other Disney owned channels.

If you do want that channel, you may try the chat. However, I agree that it is silly that you cannot just add it yourself on the account page since it is $0.00 and is par of the package anyway. Maybe one of the Dish Interactive Satellite Response Team members (I think that is what they are called) could assist you more easily (hopefully) without messing up any of your current programming. When we had HD Platinum free for three months and it expired automatically, all of our HD channels went away. That was another time that I had to call. It took a little while, but all of the HD channels were up again thankfully. We also went from America's Top 250 to Dish Latino Dos recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)