Top and Bottom Picture cut off???

techguru408

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust my screen in HD. I have a Pioneer Elite HD-510 and when watching an HD signal the top and bottom of the screen is chopped off (this is really annoying during football games). I have tried to look at consumer menus and there is no adjustment available. I know there is way to access the maintanence menu but am not sure how to adjust the screen size (as I don't know what all the codes mean).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Tom

It is usually a stretch mode. Try different ones, many TVs have one that is not scaled. Older HDTVs tend not to have this ability. Perhaps there is a service menu way of changing it, but the service menu tends to be a dangerous place -- unless you find a step by step guide on the service menu I would not risk it.

most likely nothing to do with a stretch mode....but that being said ensure that your satellite / cable box is set to full screen output.

The elite x10s and x20s all have way too much of the vertical image cut off. It is also too far shifted up. It takes about 2 hours of work to correct and you need a HD signal generator.

Many of my calibration clients were folks that tried to do it on their own. I have never seen an non experience tech correctly fix the problem.

Gregg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts