Top Gear Season 13

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
It starts sunday on BBC. I can't wait until it airs on BBCA. Hopefuly it will be in HD by the time it comes on over here!

Yes, it appears the BBC is putting the HD priority on its drama and Sci-Fi shows. Sad, because Top Gear in HD would be great.

Richard Hammond in his Daily Mirror column last summer said that the next season would be shot in HD. So I'm assuming the season starting tomorrow will be in HD on BBC2.

Richard Hammond in his Daily Mirror column last summer said that the next season would be shot in HD. So I'm assuming the season starting tomorrow will be in HD on BBC2.

You assume wrongly (as well as not bothering to read this thread).

PS Last summer, Hillary Clinton was the odds-on favorite and the stock market was still not far from its all-time high...

PPS And BBC2 is not in HD.

You assume wrongly (as well as not bothering to read this thread).

PS Last summer, Hillary Clinton was the odds-on favorite and the stock market was still not far from its all-time high...

PPS And BBC2 is not in HD.

That's a little rude. I did read this thread and I do know that BBC2 is not in HD. The BBC has a main HD channel. I'm not sure what your source is but I have a friend that works for the BBC and here's what he said today.

"Though it is not currently on the BBC HD schedule does not mean segments are not being filmed in HD and be presented that way in the future. There are active talks at the top of BBC HD programming about TG in HD. News should be announced soon. The new BBC America HD channel and other providers desiring HD content should help it along. Cheers!"

That's a little rude. I did read this thread and I do know that BBC2 is not in HD. The BBC has a main HD channel. I'm not sure what your source is but I have a friend that works for the BBC and here's what he said today.

"Though it is not currently on the BBC HD schedule does not mean segments are not being filmed in HD and be presented that way in the future. There are active talks at the top of BBC HD programming about TG in HD. News should be announced soon. The new BBC America HD channel and other providers desiring HD content should help it along. Cheers!"

Is there an email address or web form where we could request that Top Gear be broadcast in HD?

That's a little rude. I did read this thread and I do know that BBC2 is not in HD. The BBC has a main HD channel.

That's obviously covering your tracks, when you said "on BBC2 in HD" that clearly indicates that you thought BBC2 had an HD version, i.e. like "ESPN2-HD".

I'm not sure what your source is but I have a friend that works for the BBC and here's what he said today.

Either a) you made this up, or b) you read this in another Forum, or c) your friend made it up.

Top Gear had their budget cut and the producers did not want to drastically cut their travel budget or caravan-destroying budget :D by buying HD equipment when they have even less money than before.

In some cases, BBC-HD fails to air some more obscure programming (such as Stephen Fry In America) that is available in HD, but Top Gear is one of the BBC's top programs worldwide, and they showed repeats of old programs on BBC-HD last night...

That's obviously covering your tracks, when you said "on BBC2 in HD" that clearly indicates that you thought BBC2 had an HD version, i.e. like "ESPN2-HD".

Either a) you made this up, or b) you read this in another Forum, or c) your friend made it up.

Top Gear had their budget cut and the producers did not want to drastically cut their travel budget or caravan-destroying budget :D by buying HD equipment when they have even less money than before.

In some cases, BBC-HD fails to air some more obscure programming (such as Stephen Fry In America) that is available in HD, but Top Gear is one of the BBC's top programs worldwide, and they showed repeats of old programs on BBC-HD last night...

Covering my tracks? WTF man? You didn't understand what I said so when I clarify it, you take a snippet, twist it around and insult me? Real nice :rolleyes:

And I'm really not seeing any proof that you know more than a person that works at the BBC.

Not much has been made public YET (including your so-called 'facts'), but here's a post from the BBC's website from a week or so ago about Top Gear in HD.

BBC - BBC Internet Blog: Sport on BBC HD
"I know the programme that all those who write on this blog seem to be waiting for is Top Gear. Conversations are going well, and I hope to have more news soon."

Those new HD channels around the world need HD content. You would think that the BBC's top program worldwide (as you even said) would be in demand in HD?

So we will see soon enough. ;)

Anyway, I'm not going to lower myself to your level so go ahead and post away how everything is made up, everyone is a liar and you are the expert. :wave

You know that was a joke right?

He was only there to drive that car for that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)