622 rebooting on timer edits

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vtjman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 30, 2007
ABQ
This morning I noticed my 622 was rebooting itself several times while I was getting ready. I knew this was not good, so I pulled the plug and hoped a hard reset would correct it.

After I got to work I got on sling and I tried to set a 1 hour recording from the Guide to see if it would record the whole program without rebooting. When I did that I got the message that I had reached the maximum number of events. Sure enough all events including skipped was at 576 (the reported max).

I have 60 timers set, several timers are dish passes because I use OTA to pick up recording conflicts, and this made it simple for automatic conflict resolution with up to 3 programs. But this meant that several shows that are in syndication on "cable" channels are playing 50+ times in the next 9 days.

When I tried to correct this by deleting various timers (and making them into simple New Event timers) the box will ALWAYS lock up and reboot itself now, EVERY time I delete each timer.

I am now at 368 events, but now about 75% of the time that I try to ADD a "New Event" timer it locks up and reboots itself. Sometimes even making a change to add 5 minutes to the end of a timer, or change the Send to Folder option are causing a lockup and then a reboot.

Anyone else ever have a similar problem, or any suggestions?

I should add that I don't have DHPP on my account and I am currently taking "advantage" of the grandfathering of the DVR Advantage premium bundling prices, so if I make any account changes I lose that. :(

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts