622 rebooting on timer edits

vtjman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 30, 2007
ABQ
This morning I noticed my 622 was rebooting itself several times while I was getting ready. I knew this was not good, so I pulled the plug and hoped a hard reset would correct it.

After I got to work I got on sling and I tried to set a 1 hour recording from the Guide to see if it would record the whole program without rebooting. When I did that I got the message that I had reached the maximum number of events. Sure enough all events including skipped was at 576 (the reported max).

I have 60 timers set, several timers are dish passes because I use OTA to pick up recording conflicts, and this made it simple for automatic conflict resolution with up to 3 programs. But this meant that several shows that are in syndication on "cable" channels are playing 50+ times in the next 9 days.

When I tried to correct this by deleting various timers (and making them into simple New Event timers) the box will ALWAYS lock up and reboot itself now, EVERY time I delete each timer.

I am now at 368 events, but now about 75% of the time that I try to ADD a "New Event" timer it locks up and reboots itself. Sometimes even making a change to add 5 minutes to the end of a timer, or change the Send to Folder option are causing a lockup and then a reboot.

Anyone else ever have a similar problem, or any suggestions?

I should add that I don't have DHPP on my account and I am currently taking "advantage" of the grandfathering of the DVR Advantage premium bundling prices, so if I make any account changes I lose that. :(

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)