Top Gun- Maverick

This movie and soundtrack are tied to very pleasant memories so watching the trailer kicked up a lot nostalgia. The theme of technology playing an ever increasing role in our lives also plays strongly with me. So I'll no doubt go see the movie and enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: DWS44 and dfergie
And a bit of controversy, as observers have noticed that the patch on the back of Cruise's leather bomber jacket, which read "Far East Cruise 63-4" and "USS Galveston" (which is a fictional ship, none of the three ships so named were air craft carriers, and the last of them was scrapped in 1975) with the flags of the USA, UN, Japan, and the Republic of China AKA Taiwan, in the original movie has been replaced with one reading "Pacific Ocean Cruise 66-46" and "United States Navy" with the flags of the USA and UN, and a white rectangle with a red triangle in it where Japan was and a red rectangle with a blue circle where Taiwan was. Apparently at the behest of the Chinese communists.

And a bit of controversy, as observers have noticed that the patch on the back of Cruise's leather bomber jacket, which read "Far East Cruise 63-4" and "USS Galveston" (which is a fictional ship, none of the three ships so named were air craft carriers, and the last of them was scrapped in 1975) with the flags of the USA, UN, Japan, and the Republic of China AKA Taiwan, in the original movie has been replaced with one reading "Pacific Ocean Cruise 66-46" and "United States Navy" with the flags of the USA and UN, and a white rectangle with a red triangle in it where Japan was and a red rectangle with a blue circle where Taiwan was. Apparently at the behest of the Chinese communists.
Saw that on FNC. Good grief it's only a movie.:flag

Reactions: c-spand
Delayed again!!:mad: May 27 2022. They may have to go back in and CGI the F-18's for F-35's if they keep pushing it back.
Top Gun Maverick Movie GIF by Top Gun

• Angry
Reactions: DWS44
I would not pay to stream it. As much as i want to see this after a nearly 3 year delay by the time we can finally see it, it HAS to be seen for the first time in a theater on IMAX. And i have not gone to a theater since covid first hit, but i will to see this movie. They have spent tons of money in advertising this film over the last 2+ years. I have seen Top Gun Maverick merchandise at Walmart, on Amazon, etc.. Who buys merch for a movie that has not come out? Plus, i remember they ran an extended trailer commercial during the 2020 Super Bowl, imagine what that cost! Just release it already. I am calling on Tom Cruise to use his Scientology powers to release this film.

Now that i have posted my 2 cents, i have to go watch all the trailers again! LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
I would not pay to stream it. As much as i want to see this after a nearly 3 year delay by the time we can finally see it, it HAS to be seen for the first time in a theater on IMAX.

Yeah...I know what you mean. I want to see in IMAX, too...just sick of this thing getting delay after delay. If Fast 9 and James Bond found a way to come out this summer, this one should have been released, too.

Reactions: Hyper Casey