Toshiba H83 series and picture size

desidoc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
My toshiba 57h83 wont let me adjust the picture size like wide 1 2 and 3, I know u have options in the voom box but it is not doing the right job like toshiba does any suggestions. It says not available, I have connected my TV with both DVI as wells as component and for both feeds it says the same,

A lot of what you are seeing are upconverts and formatted as widescreen with the black bars on the sides added to fill out the frame.

Basically, the aspect ratio is 'locked' and thats why you are getting 'not available'.

Bill

desidoc said:
My toshiba 57h83 wont let me adjust the picture size like wide 1 2 and 3, I know u have options in the voom box but it is not doing the right job like toshiba does any suggestions. It says not available, I have connected my TV with both DVI as wells as component and for both feeds it says the same,

desidoc: make sure your voom box is not in 720p if it is the toshiba will not let you use the theater modes.The toshiba theater modes work fine with 480i 480p and 1080i.I have a toshiba 57hdx82 and had the same problem with my samsung hd931 dvd player that is how i know how to get around the problem.talk to you later. DIGITAL~DAN

DIGITAL~DAN said:
desidoc: make sure your voom box is not in 720p if it is the toshiba will not let you use the theater modes.The toshiba theater modes work fine with 480i 480p and 1080i.I have a toshiba 57hdx82 and had the same problem with my samsung hd931 dvd player that is how i know how to get around the problem.talk to you later. DIGITAL~DAN

I am pretty sure I am using 1080i as my TV didnt support 720p , I get no picture only audio if select 720p, any way I will try it again tonight

The Toshiba will not adjust when getting 1080i only up to 480P you have to do it with your Voom Box.

bruce said:
The Toshiba will not adjust when getting 1080i only up to 480P you have to do it with your Voom Box.

That's waht I thought,but I love the toshiba wide screen 1 format for SD transmisson and it is a pain to adjust using "delicate darling" VOOM remote. :p

I like it also,great for watching TV on DVD like Buffy,Simpsons and others that are in 4x3 format,you can barely tell it is stretched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts