Picture cut off on sides on Toshiba 57H83

ROLLZROYCE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I just got Voom installed today and I must say the PQ is great! I didn't notice at first but after watching the news channel I noticed that the picture was slightly cropped. I noticed on the "L" on the word "Livewire" on the bottom bar of the HD news channel was partially cut off. As I watched other channels I only noticed when there was text close to the edge of the screen.

Also when I bring up the menu I can see the entire picture on the small picture preview screen in the upper right corner. I tried changing some settings on the Voom receiver from streched to pillar box but nothing works. I also pushed the red button to make sure it is in 1080i.

What else can I do? Does anyone have Voom with the 57H83 or another TV that has experienced the same problem?

Please Help

I see the same thing on my Hitachi 65T500 and I have done a fully geometry and overscan fix on the TV. So it is most likely the Voom source is setup for very minimal overscan (<5% standard), which on a lot of TV is impossible to acheive. There is equipment out there that can remedy this overscan difference but it would be a costly investment just to see an "L".

Also the entire Voom screen seems to be off-centered to the left about an inch or so, which should be fixed in the latest software upgrade. If that happens you should be able to move it to the right and see the "L" again.