Voom picture off to the left some

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So I should be okay now?

I will do the auto convergance here in a bit.

One problem fixed. Now if only the 4:3 OTA broadcasts were able to be stretched we would be in business.

Thanks for yall's help!!!!

Neutron said:
So I should be okay now?

I will do the auto convergance here in a bit.

One problem fixed. Now if only the 4:3 OTA broadcasts were able to be stretched we would be in business.

Thanks for yall's help!!!!
Yep, you should be good...you're welcome. I did not know Hoosiers used the word y'all :)

Hehe, I'm not from here originally.

I'm from Texas. Hopefully so will be back in Texas. To many Yankees up this way. :)

Who the hell eats chili on spaghetti noodles??

rkr0923 said:
Were not talking Dish...were talking Voom
I have a Philips with the same problem.............if we only had a STB that works our problem would be solved.
Don't go mucking around with your TV settings.....
I am saying that ALL of my gear lines up on my PJ, even VOOOOOOOM! Read the entire thread before jumping to conclusions. ;)

Neutron said:
So is there anything I can do?

Also, is there anyway to stretch the OTA channels that have the pillar bars on the 4:3 broadcasts?

I do have the setting to stretch in the Voom stb settings.
If you go into the menu and set the 4:3 options to crop and stretch, you will get a full picture on an ANALOG TV (sorry, you're SOL on HDTV). You must also set your stb to Native mode or it won't display correctly.

Yes I am aware this is not only Voom STB's, but at least the other STB's that I have used you can correct it.

I have a Hitachi 65T500 which also shows the left shift with voom. I have done the geometry / overscan (5% best I can do) from scratch and performed most all of the tweaks that I am capable of doing without special equipment. I do have the option of shifting the screen to the right but I would rather not. I have the screen centered according to my DVD player and I am going to leave it at that.

So it seems that multiple TV are getting a similar issue. If they could get the STB positioning controls to work we'd all be in good shape. I am using DVI but I will try the component just to see...

Mine I noticed is input specific. I shifted my geometry to the right on the DVI and it was still okay on the Component and Composite settings.

These are input specific right? I have the RCA D52W20.

also, I have my STB set to 1080i not native. I've noticed that this makes it to where the picture doesn't screw up. 720p shows a really wierd picture.

ok tried the component cables and it is still off to the left.

On my set The horizontal position is for the TV regardless of input. I can wait for the Voom STB to be fixed...

rkr0923 said:
from what I read...........it won't be fixed

Where did you read this? It is one thing that we understand that you are not happy with your system but don't spread false statements.

Just reading what Indy wrote: I called Voom today to ask questions on programming and found the CSR to be very up to date on his info of hardware and software. He told me that the "NEW" software was ONLY available on a new version of the STB which just started shipping and that the software would NOT work in the first generation boxes.

At this point I have no reason Not to believe him. Crucial features on my Box do not work, report back, modem, video output, basically all the installation features. There is a "Lemon" law on cars, wonder if applies here. LOL
Yes I am unhappy and have every right to bitch, moan, and complain, but I do like Voom and hope they fix these problems but so far they seem very unconcerned.

rkr0923 said:
Just reading what Indy wrote: I called Voom today to ask questions on programming and found the CSR to be very up to date on his info of hardware and software. He told me that the "NEW" software was ONLY available on a new version of the STB which just started shipping and that the software would NOT work in the first generation boxes.

At this point I have no reason Not to believe him. Crucial features on my Box do not work, report back, modem, video output, basically all the installation features. There is a "Lemon" law on cars, wonder if applies here. LOL
Yes I am unhappy and have every right to bitch, moan, and complain, but I do like Voom and hope they fix these problems but so far they seem very unconcerned.

If you believe what CSRs tell you that's fine but it has been proven that most of the time they leak more misinformation (like the FCC blocking your OTA channels) than good information. CSRs just don't know how to say "I don't know". You believe whatever you want to believe that's your final decision. Again you never answered my question as to a legitimate source of information. I would not accept CSR's information as legitimate information whether you feel he/she was knowledgeable or not.

To the user that was talking about Phillips I have a Phillips 60" that does the same exact thing, I hear that there maybe a service menu for this TV but I have no idea how to access it. If anyone has a clue let me know plz.

rkr0923 said:
rkr0923, the first part of the CSR's statement might be correct, the "NEW" (Beta) software is only beeing shipped with the recent boxes and it is not yet pushed to other customers. The second part ("the software would NOT work in the first generation boxes") I have serious doubts about. But even if this were true, it's irrelevant. As most of the VOOM customers, you do not have the First Generation box! VOOM stopped shipping First Generation boxes long ago and have already replaced most (if not all) of those shipped. Really no need to panic!

Crucial features on my Box do not work, report back, modem, video output, basically all the installation features.
If you can explain what exactly doesn't work for you we might be able to help. (Or just point me to the thread if you have already explained your problems somewhere). For example, you do not need to do Report Back. When VOOM starts requiring this, they will initiate the report back from their end and will set the correct phone number without any efforts on your end. Just connect to the phone line and don't worry about it.

Neutron said:
Okay, got into the service menu. I found Geometry. I wrote down every number.

I found H-setting. It was at 44. Now it's at -28. I don't know what that means. Anyway, now everything is centered right.

I checked the other inputs and they didn't seem to be off any. I did notice the little graphic in the lower left every time I change an input (Vid1, Vid2, Cmp1, Cmp2, DVI) seemed to have shifted right.

I'll have to check this out tonight. I never did get into the service menu before. Just didn't want to screw anything up.

Seems good that you can change the settings for each input! :)

-John
(I also have the 52" RCA)

Dvlos,
I had the same problem with the slight leftward shift on my Philips tv. I was able to get into the service menu and quickly fix the problem. I was able to adjust 1080i settings for Voom and 480p for my xbox. It's my understanding that all Philips tv's use the same code to enter the service menu. I'm at work right now but will post the code once i get home.

Well, I've noticed that it doesn't keep the new setting. It goes back to the left shift. I go into the service menu and it's on the same number as it was from the factory.

Does anyone know how to get this to stick?

Neutron said:
Well, I've noticed that it doesn't keep the new setting. It goes back to the left shift. I go into the service menu and it's on the same number as it was from the factory.

Does anyone know how to get this to stick?
With my TV (mitsu) I have to press menu to exit and save.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)