Toshiba Offers $100 Rebate + 5 Free Movies

Is $249.99 such a great deal for a future paperweight?

This 'war' could go on for another two years. If you have a HDTV why deprive yourself of HD movies? Besides, I have lots of $249.99 deals that became doorstops after a few years, lets see, the Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, XBOX, my first 5 computers were all well over $249.99 and most did not last 3 years each. My first HD receiver the 811. Maybe the 622DVR might be replaceable in two more years. So when you are talking electronics, $249.99 is a great price for a cutting edge product like Toshiba's HD-DVD player. You are only hurting yourself by not buying one now. That will be time spent watching SD when you could have been watching HD. Of course if you do not have an HDTV then the whole premise is moot for you.

:D

As someone who got involved with the DVD-Audio/SACD war, well more like a small skirmish, by purchasing a Pioneer universal player in early 2003, I don't have much enthusiasm for this format war and kinda hope they both fall on their faces for being so short-sighted and greedy.

Having said that, "The Matrix" on DVD was one of the reasons I first got into that format and the price point of $299.99 for the player is pretty attractive. Must resist.

Resistance is futile....

Is $249.99 such a great deal for a future paperweight?

This 'war' could go on for another two years. If you have a HDTV why deprive yourself of HD movies? Besides, I have lots of $249.99 deals that became doorstops after a few years, lets see, the Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, XBOX, my first 5 computers were all well over $249.99 and most did not last 3 years each. My first HD receiver the 811. Maybe the 622DVR might be replaceable in two more years. So when you are talking electronics, $249.99 is a great price for a cutting edge product like Toshiba's HD-DVD player. You are only hurting yourself by not buying one now. That will be time spent watching SD when you could have been watching HD. Of course if you do not have an HDTV then the whole premise is moot for you.

What's happening to this $#@! War Zone? It's tuning into a dag blame peace fest! :D

I find myself agreeing with Joe more 'n more! :eek:

He's right, this is a great deal on a quality player with a lot good titles available. He was also right about the PS3 - very nice piece of equipment. Plays blu-ray very well, and at night it does Folding@home - hopefully help find a cure for such diseases as Alzheimers, Cancer, Parkinson's and other serious diseases.

Do yourself a favor and chose your poison and enjoy some high def movies this Memorial Weekend & summer. :up

And let me be the first to offer my humble thanks this Memorial Weekend to those who gave so much for all of us. :hatsoff:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)