Sony Offers Blu-ray Rebate to German HD DVD Owners

SatinKzo will buy them!
Now this is true!
You guys are funny, but of course I will, for the right price. And with no HD DVD player to play them on, I'll make a standing offer of $5 per disc to anyone that sells out to sony. :)

As far as the article goes, the deal kind of sucks... The player they offer doesn't even have TrueHD support. But I guess if you are looking to bail, it's a decent deal. I think they should at least offer something with comparable features.

As far as the article goes, the deal kind of sucks...
This is why it is offered in Germany where consumers are "raped" by CE prices even more than we here in Canada...

If you think Sony execs are arrogant based on their public statements made over the last year, you should talk
to sales people in Sony stores in Germany: they believe making you a big favor by talking to you...

Diogen.

If you think Sony execs are arrogant based on their public statements made over the last year, you should talk
to sales people in Sony stores in Germany: they believe making you a big favor by talking to you...

Germany? They have attitude at the Sony store here in Austin, TX. Their friends at Apple and Sephora still out-snoot them everytime though.

$100 off that P.O.S. player is laughable. I would say that if the thing played HD DVD's. Sony may or may not make the best Blu-Ray player in the PS3. They definitely make the worst one in the BDP-S300. (can't deinterlace well, no TrueHD, no DTS-MA, no bitstream, no SACD) The success of that POS player is the sole reason why Blu-Ray discs still have space wasting PCM tracks.

Seriously, Sony could at least offer $200 in store credit. I can get $100 off a PS3 just by applying for a Sony credit card.

Germany? They have attitude at the Sony store here in Austin, TX. Their friends at Apple and Sephora still out-snoot them everytime though.

$100 off that P.O.S. player is laughable. I would say that if the thing played HD DVD's. Sony may or may not make the best Blu-Ray player in the PS3. They definitely make the worst one in the BDP-S300. (can't deinterlace well, no TrueHD, no DTS-MA, no bitstream, no SACD) The success of that POS player is the sole reason why Blu-Ray discs still have space wasting PCM tracks.

Seriously, Sony could at least offer $200 in store credit. I can get $100 off a PS3 just by applying for a Sony credit card.
Its amazing how the BD fanboys ignore all BD shortcomings. What credible person would post this thread without adding a footnote.

Credible? Get over yourself.

If you read my comment, I'd like to see em put out some kinda deal here. I could CARE LESS what they are doing in Germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)