Tossing Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
As some of you might know, I am a retired government employee. Over the winter I took a job making deliveries for a local appliance store to make some extra beer and gas money. Since then I have weaseled my way into part time status in the warehouse. Anyway to make a long story short, I take care of the daily trash and I have been tossing these small dishes with some type of LNBs on them in to the compacter. Watching those babies get smashed is almost as fun as tossing a television in. This morning it dawned on me :eureka, are these things any good? Aside from my own equipment, I know nothing about these dishes or how they operate. When I read about what you guys are doing with these rinky dinks :D I have no idea what you are talking about. So, are these things worth dumpster diving to retrieve? :confused: :confused:

heck yeah

dumpster dive and take pictures of them. I'd love to see what size they are.

if they're 18 or 20" you can use them for the audio on Dish & ExpressVu

From my guestamation, the could be 12 to 18". Do they make a 12"? My brother has a Direct system that he bought from this store and these look like his, so I'm thinking 18s.

probably 18 or 20's

I'd take em....you can use them for parts or sell them. I have about 10 at the house

lol, when i first saw the title to this thread i though jims wife was mad at him and was "tossing dishes" at him ;)

I would take a couple just because I like the look of them. I would even hang one on my bedroom wall...

drhydro said:
lol, when i first saw the title to this thread i though jims wife was mad at him and was "tossing dishes" at him ;)

Or maybe going to a greek wedding?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts