Total numbers of receivers on one account

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I can say this. When a Dish customer goes over like 4 receivers, the company will most definitely send the audit team into motion.
They will call the customer at random. The audit team member demands the customer read the receiver info off every box in the house. If for ANY reason this cannot be done, Dish will conclude the custy is account stacking and makes the customer offer proof they are legitimate. Some system.

If money is not a real concern, having TV and DIRECTV in every room is desired by some. Many larger homes can easily accommodate 16 TVs.

Yeah, but how many tvs can one watch at one time?I've been in 4,000 square foot homes with 5 bedrooms with a tv in those, plus the family room, the bonus room and perhaps the garage. And TWO people living in the house.
Leaves me scratching my head.

Well, I can say this. When a Dish customer goes over like 4 receivers, the company will most definitely send the audit team into motion.
They will call the customer at random. The audit team member demands the customer read the receiver info off every box in the house. If for ANY reason this cannot be done, Dish will conclude the custy is account stacking and makes the customer offer proof they are legitimate. Some system.

Wow, even if they're all plugged into the same phone line? (ya ya can be faked using VOIP ATA's at each receiver location set to show the same outgoing number).

I have 6 DVRs on my account (2 Genies, 4 HD Dvrs) and 3 Mini Genies. So I know you can do at least 6. I purchased the first Genie 16 months ago from Amazon. I just got a free upgrade of another Genie and 3 minis, but had to temporarily remove the purchased Genie so I could get the upgrade. The DTV person on the phone did remove it, setup the upgrade, then put it back on the account. So all works well.

Dave

Wow, even if they're all plugged into the same phone line? (ya ya can be faked using VOIP ATA's at each receiver location set to show the same outgoing number).

Well I did go through one audit already and I felt like Directv was being very intrusive into my personal info. I passed the audit having to produce a picture of every Card that was in every receiver on my account I guess my ? is it really worth it just to watch tv.

Thanx

I have 6 DVRs on my account (2 Genies, 4 HD Dvrs) and 3 Mini Genies. So I know you can do at least 6. I purchased the first Genie 16 months ago from Amazon. I just got a free upgrade of another Genie and 3 minis, but had to temporarily remove the purchased Genie so I could get the upgrade. The DTV person on the phone did remove it, setup the upgrade, then put it back on the account. So all works well.

Dave

:welcome to Satelliteguys Dave!

You have two Genies on one account? I heard of a few people early on that had two, but one was eventually deactivated.

Yeah, but how many tvs can one watch at one time?I've been in 4,000 square foot homes with 5 bedrooms with a tv in those, plus the family room, the bonus room and perhaps the garage. And TWO people living in the house.
Leaves me scratching my head.

TV demotion can add up. Buy a TV and demote the existing TV to another room. I have 10 TVs, but only 5 are digital, but they are still useful with boxes.

Dave

:welcome to Satelliteguys Dave!

You have two Genies on one account? I heard of a few people early on that had two, but one was eventually deactivated.
Last I knew, you were only allowed one per account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.