Total Signal Loss

btb79

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Reset and unplugged receivers. Check switch, etc. etc.
We have nothing. No signal. Nothing.
What should I do next? Call?

We have a little snow, but not enough to block the sat.

Thanks,
Bill

Well, I called tech support. I'll start out by saying I'm in West Central Wisconsin, GO BUCKY. Tech support told me since radar shows it's snowing in my area, it is not, they can't help me. WTF. This has happened before, on a clear day, but it has come back right away. Tonight, nothing. My neighbors, with Dish, are not complaining so it is not the "radar". It is not snowing and there is no snow "piled" on the dish. But I still have to "wait until tomorrow when the radar clears". WTF. I have always had great tech support from Dish, but this is unacceptable.

Hi, I am sorry you are having a signal issue in your home. The problem that tech support has is that there is no troubleshooting we can do beyond what you have already tried. If the storm is passing south of you, that could be what is causing the issue with your signal. We can certainly set up a technician call since you state that this a reoccurring issue. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please PM me your account # or phone# and I will see how soon I get someone out. Thank you!

I had a customer yesterday who called with no signal, The tech at Dish said it was the clouds since it was very lightly snowing here, I knew better so I drove the few blocks away and cleaned the ice and snow off their dish and all was better. Using cloud cover as an excuse why someones dish is not working is just plain foolishness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)